Information Security Assistant
Position:: Student Assistant Level III
Starting Salary: $15.00
Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week*
To Apply: Application
Primary duties entail serving as Student Assistant under the supervision of the Information Security Office (ISO) staff. Under direct staff supervision, the Information Security Assistant helps staff with system and network analysis, assists in conducting research, monitoring systems, working on access control and corresponds with the campus community. Secondary duties entail providing assistance to Information Security staff, with archiving closed incidents / legal hold documents, assist in writing / developing training modules for staff and student security training, testing new Information Security website modules for broken or old links, assist in web application scan requests and reports. Duties are performed under direct supervision from assigned staff and are performed under direct supervision of staff. Assignments have limited use of discretion and judgment. Work is regularly reviewed and may entail detailed instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist staff to analyze and drafts responses to RIAA notifications using existing ISO procedures.
- Assist staff to archive incident cases and legal hold files and documents, in accordance with existing forensic archiving procedures.
- Assist staff in forensic case documentation preparation and logging.
- Assist staff to monitor, analyze and triage spam and phishing reporting (abuse email), in accordance with existing ISO procedures.
- Assist staff to acquire and scan hard drives.
- Provisions case files for ISO staff.
- Assist staff in reviewing and implementing of access control (i.e. domain groups, CMS/CFS roles, file share permissions, etc.)
- Assist staff with Information Security Office (ISO) duties (see other duties below).
- Assists staff in developing and maintaining training modules for staff and students.
- Assists staff in maintaining the ISO web site.
- Keep environment and equipment clean and orderly.
- Performs clerical duties in support of the Information Security Office.
- Prepares documents, spreadsheets, labels and other documents using Microsoft Office.
- Performs data entry tasks.
- Conducts research to identify emerging information security issues.
- Identifies prospective security awareness topics for the CSUS security awareness program. This will entail use of various internet search engines to research information security related topics relevant to campus life and information security.
- The incumbent must assure the privacy and security of confidential documents and material handled and/or delivered.
- The incumbent must be able to query and understand network and system logs.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Complete live scan background check due to the sensitive nature of the environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Dependability and punctuality
- Federal Work Study Eligible
- Computer forensics or legal skills
- Admission or registration as a CSU student.
- As a Bridge Student Assistant, the student need not be registered as a student, but must have been registered as a CSU student the previous term and intends to register for the following term.
* Student assistants are eligible but not guaranteed to work up to 40 hours per week when the school is not in session.