Athleague Web Accessibility Evaluation
Based on this evaluation, the Athleague Web site is Approved with Execeptions.
This report describes the conformance of
Overall, the accessibility of the Athleague website is good. However, there are areas of concern that need to be addressed. The global menu on the top right of the page which includes links to 'Todos', 'Inbox', etc contains div tags inside of anchor tags. Anchor tags cannot contain block level elements. This prevents keyboard navigation. Also, the menu fails to meet color contrast standards. Images need to have proper alt tag text. If an image is used for decoration purposes only then it must have an empty alt tag.
The review process is described in the Review Process section below and is based on the W3C's Conformance Evaluation method as described in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
Athleague is committed to being the premier intramural league management website and sponsorship solution for college recreation programs.
Base URL of site
Interpretative summary of review results
- Athleague appears to be close to meeting Section 508
- Athleague appears to be close to meeting CSU ATI Requirements
- Athleague appears to be close to meeting WCAG 2.0 Level AA
HiSoftware reports require a username and password. Request HiSoftware Report Access.
Validation and other Various Reports
URL(s) included in automated review
URL(s) included in manual review
URL(s) excluded from review
Natural language of website
- Web Accessibility Specialist
- Web Services, Information Resources and Technology
- California State University, Sacramento
- 6000 J St.
- Sacramento CA 95819-6065
Reviewer area(s) of expertise
- Web mark-up languages and validation tools
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) and Techniques for WCAG 2.0
Natural language(s) with which reviewer is fluent, or familiar
- The automated scan is conducted with HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff and is based on the CSU ATI Requirements.
- Sacramento State Web Accessibility checklist (pdf)
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Testing Environment
Conformance evaluation of Web accessibility requires a combination of semi-automated evaluation tools and manual evaluation by an experienced reviewer. Sacramento State uses HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff for automated scans and a variety of tools and techniques to manually review websites.
The Web site may have changed since that time. Additional information on the evaluation process is available in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
- Sacramento State Accessible Technology Policy
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Techniques for Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility
Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility
- Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility [draft]
- Review Teams for Evaluating Web Site Accessibility [draft]