- IRT Division
- Vice President & Chief Information Officer
AIRC Rm 3010 (map)
Sacramento State Policies & Guidelines
- Systemwide Policies
- Information Security
- Service Request Forms
- Using Sac State Servers
- Content Management (WCM)
- Systems Status Update Procedure
- QuikRef Guides
- Workshop Handouts
- CAS Information
- Web Services Staff
Tips & Tricks
Web Policies at Sacramento State
Information Providers are required by Sacramento State and the CSU to follow certain guidelines when creating or editing webpages. One of the main topics of concern in the CSU is accessibility, and as of Fall 2008, all new webpages must conform to accessibility standards.
It is the author's responsibility to make sure that any page they put up is accessible and conforms to accessibility best practices. To make this easier, templates are provided that provide a foundation of accessibility.
Web Policies Summary
- All users must maintain the traditional and essential principles of freedom of expression, respect for the rights of others, and respect for Sacramento State policies and state and federal laws.
- Content must support education, research, administrative processes, University-sponsored community service, and other pursuits related to the University's mission.
- All pages must comply with Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act.
- Information must be accurate and current.
- The name and contact information for the person responsible for the page must be included.
- Web pages on University Web servers may not contain material intended for personal commercial gain, provide commercial services, or promote compensation for distribution of materials.
- Web pages on University Web servers may not:
- enable others to gain unauthorized access to computer material
- transmit material known to be infected with a virus
- disseminate, link to or encourage access to obscene, pornographic or excessively violent materials
- Web pages on University Web servers may not disseminate materials that discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, or disability.
Web Guidelines Summary
How do I identify Sacramento State?
The official name of the university is "California State University, Sacramento" with "Sacramento State" being the only acceptable alternative. CSUS, CSU Sacramento, and Cal State Sacramento are incorrect and should be avoided.
For more information, see the Identity Standards.
Who can publish on Sacramento State web servers?
- Schools, departments, program centers, and auxiliaries
- University-sanctioned and approved student organizations
- Faculty and administrator/staff
- Students, faculty and staff may create personal Web pages, academically related to Sacramento State
What approvals are necessary?
For non-personal Web pages obtain appropriate approvals from the department chairperson or organization administrator.
Information Resources and Technology | Sacramento State | 6000 J St | Sacramento, CA, 95819-6065 | AIRC Building | 916.278.7337
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.