California Through My Eyes
The LegiSchool Project's Annual Photo Contest
How do you envision California? What represents California to you?
Break out your camera and show us how you envision California! The photo can be anything: mountains, water, cars, communities, landscapes, cities, towns, a person or place – anything big or small. It must be an original 8 x 10 inch photo and can be in color or black and white. The winner of LegiSchool’s annual photo contest will have their photo displayed at the Center for California Studies Annual Envisioning California Conference.
The postmark deadline for the photo contest is Friday, May 1, 2009.
Participation is limited to current California high school students including 2009 graduates.
- Complete the LegiSchool photo contest entry form and attach the entry label to the back right hand corner of your photo (entry label can be found on the photo contest entry form).
- Write a 150-word or less typed essay explaining why you feel your photo represents California and submit it along with your photo and entry form to:
California State University, Sacramento
Center for California Studies
The LegiSchool Project
6000 J Street
Sacramento, California 95819-6081
- Entries must be postmarked by Friday, May 1, 2009.
- Entry must be an original 8x10 photograph.
- Photo may be in color or black and white.
- An entry label must be attached to the back of the photo on the bottom right hand corner.
- Larger or smaller entries will not be considered.
- Computer prints are acceptable but must be printed on photo-quality paper (8x10 or 8.5 x11).
- Photo montages will not be considered.
- 150-word or less typed essay, completed photo contest entry form, and completed media release form must be submitted with photo entry.
- Please submit only one entry per person.
The 1st place winner will receive $100 and four runners-up will receive $50 each.
Photos cannot be returned to entrants.
For more information, contact the LegiSchool Project at (916) 278-7563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2008 Photo Contest Winners
- 2007 Photo Contest Winners
- 2006 Photo Contest Winners
- 2005 Photo Contest Winners
For more information, contact the LegiSchool Project at (916) 278-6906 or e-mail at .