Fall 2014 Term: The university application deadline for Fall 2014 admission is November 30, 2013. Primary auditions for the Department of Music will be on November 17, 2013 and February 16, 2014, though additional dates will be offered in December, January and May.
Large Ensemble Auditions
You must complete the following steps before the Music Department will recognize you as a Music Major:
If you are accepted:
- Complete a Sac State admission application.
- Schedule your Entry Level Math and English Placement Tests through the Testing Center.
- Go to the Audition Repertoire page. Select your Audition Repertoire before proceeding to the Audition Application, or contact the Applied Instructor for your instrument/voice to discuss other appropriate literature.
- Before proceeding to the Audition Application, prepare three lists: 1) list of current and former private instructors, 2) current and previous performance group experiences, and 3) solo/chamber repertoire performed.
- Proceed to the online Audition Application page.
- Within two weeks of submitting your application on line, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt from the Music Admissions Office.
- In the week preceding your audition, we will call you to schedule your audition time.
- Arrive at your audition in advance to warm up.
- Audition outcome letters are mailed no later than one week after you perform your audition.
- Complete the Music Theory Placement Exam and MUSC 14 Piano Series Placement
- Attend Orientation
- Enroll in courses (If you have not completed the process as outlined above and/or have NOT PASSED the Audition, you will not be allowed to enroll in many courses required for the major. Please contact the Music Advisor for further information)
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Music
Minor in Music
Degree Recital Packet
Jury Form (Instrumental)
Jury Form (Vocal)
Sac State Admissions
|For more information, please write or call:
Sacramento State Department of Music
ATTN: Mark Allen, Music Admissions Counselor
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6015
request additional information