HELLO MUSIC STUDENT!
The Sacramento State Department of Music would like to invite you to visit its vibrant music scene by “shadowing” a music major for a day. This is a wonderful opportunity to accompany a music student as they attend lessons, classes, and rehearsals.
- Along with your “shadow” partner, attend classes in music history, theory, piano, opera theater, music education, and conducting, to name just a few.
- Join in on rehearsals with any of our dynamic performing ensembles: choirs, bands, orchestra, jazz ensembles, baroque ensemble, student chamber groups, or just relax and enjoy listening.
- Observe a private lesson or listen to a repertoire class and hear selected students perform.
- Enjoy chatting with music professors, the chairman of our department, and our admissions counselor for advice and answers to your questions.
- Have the chance to ask current students what life is like on campus, and find out for yourself what challenges and rewards await a music major at Sac State.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to get first-hand information
To schedule the date of your visit and to arrange for your “shadow day” student host, simply call or email the professor who represents your area of interest.