Fall 2013 Term: The priority application filing period for Fall 2013 will be October 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012. While CSU campuses will receive applications, no notifications of admission decisions will occur until after the priority application filing period. Enrollment capacity for fall 2013 will be dependent upon the outcomes from the California general election on November 6, 2012.
State support for the CSU has been cut by almost $1 billion or 33% during the past four years, and could be reduced by an additional $200 million. If the CSU budget is cut further, the system plans to reduce enrollment for 2013-2014 by 20,000 to 25,000 students.
Large Ensemble Auditions
HELLO MUSIC STUDENT!
The Sacramento State Department of Music would like to invite you to visit its vibrant music scene by “shadowing” a music major for a day. This is a wonderful opportunity to accompany a music student as they attend lessons, classes, and rehearsals.
- Along with your “shadow” partner, attend classes in music history, theory, piano, opera theater, music education, and conducting, to name just a few.
- Join in on rehearsals with any of our dynamic performing ensembles: choirs, bands, orchestra, jazz ensembles, baroque ensemble, student chamber groups, or just relax and enjoy listening.
- Observe a private lesson or listen to a repertoire class and hear selected students perform.
- Enjoy chatting with music professors, the chairman of our department, and our admissions counselor for advice and answers to your questions.
- Have the chance to ask current students what life is like on campus, and find out for yourself what challenges and rewards await a music major at Sac State.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to get first-hand information
To schedule the date of your visit and to arrange for your “shadow day” student host, simply call or email the professor who represents your area of interest.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Music
Minor in Music
Degree Recital Packet
Jury Form (Instrumental)
Jury Form (Vocal)
Sac State Admissions
|For more information, please write or call:
Sacramento State Department of Music
ATTN: Mark Allen, Music Admissions Counselor
6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6015
request additional information