||The 2013 High School Band Day - Saturday, September 21
Your high school marching band can have the unique opportunity of jioining our college band - on the field at halftime! Join us as Sacramento State takes on Montana at 6:05pm. Your band will be provided music free of charge, as well as free admission to the game for all band members, directors, bus drivers, and up to 5 chaperones.
The preliminary day schedule looks like this:
- 1:00pm arrive at Sac State; buses and trucks should park in Lot 10
- 1:30pm rehearsal at Sac State stadium
- 3:30pm dinner break/dress into uniform (groups are welcome to bring their own, or there are food concessions at the Student Union – concessions are also available during the game
- 5:15pm move into the stadium for the game
- 5:45pm Pregame performance (Sac State band only)
- 6:05pm kickoff/play with Sac State in stands
- 7:30pm (approx.) all bands perform with Sac State on the field
Bands may elect to stay for the entire game, or depart after halftime. Dinner is on your own - our Student Union has limited selections open on weekends. There are also concession areas within the stadium during the game selling typical game day fare (alcohol is not served inside the stadium, btw).
We thought so. Band directors - if you are interested in reserving a spot for your band to particpate in this special event, or for more information, contact our director, Dr. Clay Redfield by email or by calling the band office at (916) 278-7571.