Signup TimesFall 2017 degree recitals will be set according to the following schedule:
- Graduate Recitals: On or after April 19, 2017
- Senior Recitals: On or after April 24, 2017
- Junior Recitals: On or after May 1, 2017
Degree recitals should be signed up for in person in Capistrano 121. A list of available days and times will be available. Consult with you applied instructor regarding any blackout dates they may have before signing up for a date.
You must sign up by May 19, 2017 if you intend to do a degree recital in Fall 2017.
Students enrolled in the School of Music's programs are required to give degree recitals as part of their curriculum; this may include a junior and/or senior recital for undergrads in the Bachelor of Music programs, and a Graduate Recital (MUSC 285) and/or Culminating Experience (MUSC 500) for Masters candidates. Bachelor of Arts students do not give degree recitals.
You are repsonsible for downloading and reading the DEGREE RECITAL PACKET. This includes the instructions and forms that are needed to sign up for your recital, as well as a plethora of useful information on the procedures of preparing for and giving a recital at Sac State.
In order to give a degree recital, you must have met the eligibility requirements.
- For junior recitals, students must have passed a recital permission jury and achieved junior status in the School of Music, including successful completion of MUSC 2, 3, 7, 9, 10a, 10b, 14d, and at least 18 units of lower division GE coursework.
- Senior recitals require passing a recital permission jury and achieving senior status in the School of Music, which includes successful completion of ALL lower division major courses, and achieving senior status academically with the University.
- Graduate students performing their first recital (MUSC 285) must be at least in their second semester of residency and have successfully completed a minimum of 6 units of coursework, including MUSC 201. Students doing their Culminating Experience (MUSC 500) must have successfully applied for Advancement to Candidacy.