Capital University News, California State University, Sacramento
Government Leadership and Succession Planning Main Topics for Executive Leadership Symposium
Leadership development, workforce succession planning and higher education will be the topics when Sacramento State hosts its 2006 Executive Leadership Symposium for government leaders.
The symposium will take place from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 16 at the Alumni Center. The program will include a host of outstanding speakers and educators who will be presenting the latest information available on trends in the California economy and workforce, best practices in human capital strategic planning, and the potential contributions to government Sacramento State can make in applied research and leadership solutions.
The morning will begin with a welcome from Sacramento State President, Alexander Gonzalez, and will follow with a keynote address by Rosario Marin, Secretary of the State and Consumer Services Agency, depicting the common problems encountered in succession management in federal and state agencies.
Other keynote speakers and presenters include:
• Fred Buenrostro, Chief Executive Officer, California Public Employees Retirement System
• J. Robert Fountain, Director, Sacramento State Applied Research Center
• James Gomez, President and CEO, California Association of Health Facilities
• Michael Cunningham, Deputy Director, Prevention Services Division, California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs
• Esteban Almanza, Chief, Division of Administrative Services, California State Water Resources Control Board
• Joe Carlin, Acting Deputy Director, Disability and Adult Programs Division, California Department of Social Services
• Will Kempton, Director, California Department of Transportation
• Jeanne S. Woodford, Acting Secretary, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
For more information, contact Marcella Kutek at 916-278-6249. Media assistance is available by contacting Bethany Boom at (916) 278-4846.
State University, Sacramento Public Affairs
6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819-6026 (916) 278-6156
California State University, Sacramento Public Affairs
6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819-6026 (916) 278-6156 firstname.lastname@example.org