November 1, 2006
Political experts to dissect the election and media coverage
The Sacramento State Alumni Association will cosponsor an analysis of the
2006 California election on Thursday, Nov. 9 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Alumni Center.
“Shaping Public Opinion: What We Saw, What We Heard: News Coverage Analysis of the 2006 California Election” is also sponsored by the State Information Officers Council and the American Society for Public Administration.
• Bill Bradley, L.A. Weekly columnist and New West Notes political blogger
• Patrick Dorinson, communications director, California Republican Party
• Kathay Feng, executive director, Common Cause
• Karen Hanretty, strategist, California Republican Party
• Steven Maviglio, deputy chief of staff for California Assembly Speaker Fabian Nuñez
• Sam Rodriguez, political director, California Democratic Party
• Bob Waste, Sacramento State professor of public policy and administration
The event will be moderated by KCRA reporter-anchor Pamela Wu. Costs range from $5 for students and $10 for all others and seating is limited. Contact Roni Java at 651-8957 for more information or e-mail (email@example.com) for reservations. For media assistance, call the Sacramento State Public Affairs office at 278-6156.<
California State University, Sacramento Public Affairs
6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819-6026 (916) 278-6156 firstname.lastname@example.org