Student Handbook Introduction
Welcome to the California State University, Sacramento! Our university offers many opportunities in and out of the classroom, which I hope you will find challenging and rewarding. I hope you will take full advantage of these opportunities as you pursue your academic goals, make new friends and explore the Northern California region.
In the Office of Global Education, we believe a quality education is a global education. We believe that having a large and diverse population of international students and scholars is a great opportunity for everyone at our university to increase their global competence, improve their cross-cultural skills, and learn about the great diversity of people, cultures and countries from around the world.
With this in mind, we have prepared this International Student Handbook to facilitate your orientation and adjustment to our campus and community. I would like to express my gratitude to the following individuals who contributed to the preparation of this handbook:
- Tracey Culbertson, Coordinator of International Student & Scholars
- Lori Harrison, Office Manager
- Eric Merchant, Associate Director and International Students/Programs
- Mlima Morrison, Coordinator, International Admissions
- Caroline Peretti, International Admissions Specialist
- Josef Preciado, International Admissions Specialist
- Janis Silvers, Coordinator of Study Abroad
Again, best wishes and welcome to California State University, Sacramento. As you become more involved in the life of the university, I hope this International Student Handbook will make a positive contribution to your experience here.
Jack Godwin, Ph.D.;
Chief International Officer