One World Initiative Events
The 2014-15 One World Initiative theme is Global Perspectives on Happiness
The success of the One World Initiative depends on the contributions of campus departments and organizations hosting a range of activities (lectures, films, performances etc.). The One World Initiative will help promote your activity across the campus and beyond. Funds to help support campus activities are also available. To submit your event to the One World calendar and request funding, please email us at email@example.com.
One World Initiative and Your Event
If you, your program, club, or center, is organizing an event linked to the One World Initiative's 2013-14 theme of Global Perspectives on Migration. Please email a description of the event, the date and location to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to include your event on our website and assist with promoting it across the campus.
Fall 2014, Upcoming events.
- Wednesday October 29 - Friday November 21. The First Year Experience Program presents the Happiness in the First Year Photo Show, an exhibit of photos by Sacramento State students that picture what made them happy during thier first year on campus. Opening reception on October 29 at 1 p.m. For more information visit www.csus.edu/fye. University Union, 2nd Floor lounge area.
- Saturday, November 15. Asian Studies host its 4th Annual Asian Studies Symposium. Keynote speaker Dr. Christine Yano, Professor of Anthropology at the University of Hawaii will present "Pink Globalization: Japanese Cute: Cool as a Global Wink." 9:15 - 10:00 am. 1000 Mariposa.
- Monday, November 17. As part of the course HRS 140 Exploring World Religions, Dr. Maria Jaoudi presents "The Noble Eight-Fold Path in Buddhism: "May All Beings BeHappy." Mendocino 1024, 12:00 - 1:15 p.m.
- Monday, November 17 - Friday, November 21 is International Education Week. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Depertment of Education provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. International Education Week aims to promote international understanding and increase knowledge of different cultures, peoples and languages. The Office of International Programs and Global Engagement (IPGE) at Sacramento State will be coordinating events from departments, faculty and orgnaizations on campus. Contact IPGE for more information.
Fall 2014, Past events.
- Monday, September 29. The College of Continuing Education's English Language Institute presents the second annual ELI Symposium: Miles of Smiles: International Perspectives on Happiness. Students in the ELI institute will present talks and posters about happiness in their home countries. All members of the campus community and beyond are welcome. University Union, Redwood Room, 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 30. The Fall 2014 Geology-Ecology-Environmental Science Colloquium Series presents Happy Otters: How can sea otters tell us about ecosystem health? by Dr. Liz Bowen (US Geological Survey). The Geology-Ecology-Environmental Science Colloquium series is co-sponsored by the departments of Geology, Biological Sciences and Environmental Studies, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the California Landscape Conservation Cooperative, and the U.S. Geological Survey. Mendocino 1015, 4:30 p.m.