Become a Sponsor
Supporters of the Center for African Peace and Conflict Resolution (CAPCR) at California State University, Sacramento, play a critical role in our acheivements. They enable individuals throughout the Sacramento region and the United States to learn first-hand the important issues that impact African nations and its people.
More than 15,000 individuals from Africa and in the U.S. have attended or participated in CAPCR projects, seminars and workshops; as a result, several African nations have benefited from significant legal reform and conflict resolution intiatives. A donation to CAPCR will help us ensure leaders, advocates, and students will be equipped with the tools they need to promote profound societal and political development that focuses on democracy, peace and human rights, as well as global education in Africa.
Through supporters CAPCR has made accomplishments that advance our goals in raising awareness of the cultural, political, and economic and social issues in Africa and her diaspora:
- Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda and Sir Ketumile Masire, former President of the Republic of Botswana, both recently spoke at Sacramento State about their country's respective progress toward peace and democracy.
- CAPCR provides on-going Alternative Dispute Resolution Training for African legal professionals and community leaders. The training focuses on negotiation and mediation techniques, and arbitration skills.
- Since 1993 summer academic seminars in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda and Uganda have been held by CAPCR for K-12 teachers and faculty from Sac State and other colleges. This on-going professional development program is geared toward international studies with a primary focus on Africa.
- The annual summer workshop on Conflict Resolution focused on topics such as Cross-Cultural Communication, Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation and Consensus Building techniques.
Click a link below to access the Donation/Membership form or
If you would like more information regarding sponsorship please contact:
Ernest E. Uwazie
CAPCR Director & Professor
6000 J. Street
Sacramento CA 95819-6085
(916) 278-6282 %7e Fax - (916) 278-3429