Retirees Association Scholarship
The Retirees Association has established a scholarship and will begin awarding two $1500 scholarships per year in 2013. The purpose of this scholarship is to help children of current faculty and staff attain their degree. Establishing this scholarship relates to one the purposes of the Retirees Association, "To provide support for the University and its students, faculty and staff." Other considerations were our interest in increasing awareness of the Association on campus and our lengthy experience in supporting the Faculty Endowment Scholarship, sponsored by the Faculty Senate.
The scholarship is administered through the campus Financial Aid Office. Students apply for the $1500 Retirees Association Scholarship by submitting the following applications by the MARCH 15 DEADLINE:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) AND
- The Institutional Scholarship Application
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the University's Institutional Scholarship Committee in the spring semester; awards will be distributed during the following academic year.
Click HERE for the Institutional Scholarship Application, available January 15.
To be considered for this scholarship applicants must meet these requirements:
- Be the child of a currently employed CSUS faculty or staff member
- Have completed a minimum of 15 units at CSUS
- Have a minimum CSUS GPA of 3.0
- Be a full time student (enrolled in a minimum of 12 units)
- Have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status
- Financial need is not required but may be considered
- Undergraduate students in ALL majors are eligible
- Students may only receive this scholarship once
Future recipients and their parents employed on campus will be listed here.