Submit an Abstract
An abstract must be submitted for every paper, poster, film, panel discussion, and organized session presented at the SWAA Annual Conference. In the case of organized sessions, session chairs will submit an organized session abstract, while individual presenters within the session will each submit a paper abstract for his or her own presentation.
Abstract Submission and Advance Registration must both be completed by February 15, 2014 in order for your abstract to be considered.
Prepare Your Abstract as a Document File
The abstract will be uploaded as a document file. Prepare this file in advance, according to these guidelines:
The document file containing the abstract must be of one of these types:
- .doc .docx .pdf .txt
List all of the following in the abstract:
- Provide the full title.
- For each author (or filmmaker, or organizer) include full name, affiliation, and email.
- For papers to be included in an organized session, indicate the session title.
- For a film, note the length in minutes.
- For a panel discussion, list the full name and affiliation of each panelist.
- For an organized session, list the full name, affiliation, and paper title of each participant.
The word count of the main body of the abstract should fall within these
- Paper, poster, film, and panel discussion abstracts should be 100–250 words.
- Organized session abstracts should be 250–500 words.
Some submitters may also wish to consult the Student Abstract Guide.
Submit Your Prepared Abstract Online
Fill out the following form, making sure to select the document file in which you have prepared your abstract, and then click on the Submit button. Items marked with an asterisk () are required.