Join the O-Team
Visit us in Lassen 1010 or during one of our information table sessions.
10/14/14 American River Court Yard 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Contact Us Morgan Dodds Andrew Shaw 916-278-5082 email@example.com Qualifications
- Current Sac State student
- 2.7 GPA
- Good academic standing
- Positive attitude
- If selected for the position, students will be required to attend 3-unit training class on Wednesday nights (5:30-8:20pm) during the Spring 2015 semester.
Interested in working for New Student Orientation?
Be a part of the O-Team
Students looking for leadership opportunities can apply for a position working for New Student Orientation during the summer.
Special Projects Coordinator
The Orientation Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for developing promotional material for various Orientation-related events. This position also serves as a member of the Orientation office staff and assists students with questions regarding attending New Student Orientation. This is a ten month position beginning Fall 2014 and continues through Spring 2015. There is a possibility of employment during the summer. The responsibilities include:
- Assist with coordination of the New Student Planner, to include cover design, calendar events, and advertising layout
- Design Orientation Leader recruitment materials
- Develop and edit Orientation videos, slide shows, and promotional materials
- Provide customer service via phone, email, or in person interaction
- Process Orientation reservations and confirmations
- Update advising materials
- Monitor and update Sacramento State’s Orientation social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Serve as a knowledgeable, friendly, welcoming representative of Sac State
- Serve as a resource for campus programs and services
- Portray Sac State, its policies, services and programs in a professional manner
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Submit the application to the New Student Orientation office in Lassen 1010 by Monday September 15, 2014 no later than 5:00pm. Download application here.
The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating 10,000 student and 3,000 parent/guest reservations each year. During each Orientation session, the reservations coordinator assigns students to orientation leader groups and troubleshoots problems during check-in. In addition, the coordinator provides customer service to student/parents via phone calls and emails. This position requires a candidate who is detailed orientated. The responsibilities include:
- Organize daily new student groups and check-in lists
- Set-up online reservations system and maintain attendance numbers
- Provide excellent customer service via phone, email, or in person interaction
- Process reservations requests and payments
- Serve as a resource regarding campus information
- Assist with orientation planning
- Edit the New Student Orientation website
The orientation office will be accepting applications for the Reservations Coordinator position starting on October 1, 2014. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE. For more information please visit Lassen 1010.
Orientation Leader Application Process-New Leader Candidate
- September 29: Orientation Leader applications available - DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE (Opens in a Microsoft Word document)
- October 24: Orientation Leader application deadline. Submit to Lassen Hall 1010 by 5:00pm and sign-up for group interview
- October - November: Group interviews take place
- November: Individual interviews for qualified applicants
- Week of December 1: Applicants will be selected for Orientation Leader positions
Orientation Leader Application Process-Returning Orientation Leaders
- September 29 thru October10: Orientation Leader applications available - DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
- October 10: Orientation Leader application deadline. Submit to Lassen Hall 1010 by 5:00pm
- October 6 -16: Individual interviews