News & Announcements
- You can now sign up online for Tutor, Advisor or SI Leader appointments at BookFresh. To sign up, go to our Home Page and click one of the links on the right side.
- Make sure you visit us on Facebook at Facebook.com/csusparc.
- PARC Resource Mentor for English Classes - we would like to introduce Stephen Hernandez, our new PARC Resource Mentor for English-11, English-11M and English-1 classes.
Hello, my name is Stephen Hernandez. I transferred into Sacramento State three years ago to pursue a Business - General Management Degree. I enjoy playing music so I enrolled in the Sac State Marching Band my first semester, as well as the Symphonic Band. Last semester I worked as a Peer Mentor in the Academic Advising and Career Center, which I totally loved! Currently I work for PARC as a resource mentor, assisting students to succeed in their academic endeavors. Outside of school I like to travel and take in the scenery. I also enjoy spending time with friends and family, singing karaoke or jamming on some Rockband.
- PARC Workshops - See flyer below for a list of all PARC Workshops for Spring 2014.
- 1st Annual Outstanding Wisdom and Leadership (OWL) Awards-The Peer and Academic Resource Center invites you to the 1st Annual Outstanding Wisdom and Leadership (OWL) Awards. We celebrate and honor CSUS professors whose wisdom, leadership, encouragement and mentoring have positively influenced the lives of their students. The recipients of the 2014 Outstanding Wisdom and Leadership Awards are:
Dr. Chloe Burke – History
Dr. Patrick Cannon – Government
Professor Devin Cook – Computer Science
Professor Robert Diamond – Family and Consumer Sciences
Dr. Patrick Ettinger - History
Dr. Scott Farrand - Mathematics
Dr. Jessie Gaston - History
Dr. Dominik Green - Chemistry
Professor Ted Krovetz – Computer Science
Professor Stephanie Mizrahi – Criminal Justice
Dr. Kim Roberts - Psychology
Dr. Jeffrey Wilson - History
Please join us on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 in the Hinde Auditorium in the University Union at 5:00pm to honor these recipients. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact PARC at (916) 278-6740.
- 2nd Annual Student Art Symposium – PARC is hosting their 2nd Annual Student Art Symposium on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 3:00pm-4:30pm in the PARC, Lassen 2200. We are looking to showcase CSUS student’s:
- Film/Short Movies
- And more!
This is a wonderful opportunity to display your talent. Final submissions are due to PARC by Monday, April 14, 2014. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the PARC at (916) 278-6010.