Public Policy and Administration
PPA in the Community
- Colonial Michael Spears (MPPA 1993) is currently serving as an Inspector General for Intelligence Oversight, in the Office of the Secretary of the Army. He was recently confirmed by the Senate and promoted to Colonel (O-6) on 1 March 2013.
- MPPA students presented their research findings to Yolo County April 18, 2013, under the supervision of Professor Mary Kirlin.
- Alumnus Eric Guerra (MPPA 2007) and other members of the Hornets Politics and Policy Alumni Group participated in ASI's Civic Engagement Alumni Forum. http://vimeo.com/64345105
- Professor Su Jin Jez gave the keynote at the California Assoc of Private Postsecondary Schools 2013 Legislative Policy Conference on April 9.
- Professor Andrea Venezia spoke at the Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders annual conference entitled, "Community College Readiness, Completion, and Success—on Whose Terms?" (see page 6)
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
A warm welcome to our newest faculty member!Andrea Venezia is joining us as an Associate Professor in public policy and administration and Associate Director in the Institute for Higher Education Leadership and Policy. Andrea will be on campus, taking up her Associate Director duties, in late February and will begin teaching for us in the 2013-2014 academic year.
IHELP's January newsletter has more information about Andrea's current work and her appointment to Sacramento State.
|Video from ASI's Civic Engagement Alumni Forum, with participation from Hornets Politics and Policy Alumni Group (including MPPA alumni).
See other PPA Videos!
|Winter Commencement 2012
|Video from What's Possible: New Ideas for Our Fiscal Path Forward Event
PPA Alumni Featured