Public Policy and Administration
- Fall 2016 application opens October 1!
- How applicants stack up
- Our downloadable brochure!
- PPA Thesis Bank
- Department Assessment Reports
25th Anniversary CelebrationDon't let the celebration end!
See more photos on Facebook.
PPA in the Community
- Professor Jez's op ed in the Sacramento Bee: Wealth, not income, matters for getting into college.
- Rob Wassmer, Professor of Public Policy and Administration, presented his paper on "The Importance of Supply and Demand Factor to Preschool Attendance" at the 79th Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economic Association on March 28 in Minneapolis.
- Rob Wassmer, Professor of Public Policy and Administration, had his coauthored paper on "An Analysis of State and Local Government Capital Expenditure During the 2000s" published in the refereed journal Public Budgeting and Finance.
- PPA Professor Su Jin Jez is presenting her classification system for for-profit colleges and universities at the Institutional Design Frontiers Summit hosted by ASU in April.
- PPA Professor Su Jin Jez gave a presentation titled: Perspectives on Financial Aid Policy: Reducing the Impact of Wealth Disparities at the California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators Day at the Capitol, hosted by the California Student Aid Commission.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
@PPASacStateTweets by @PPASacState
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The Department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
- Public Policy Administration and Law - Joint MPPA and JD degree program with University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Graduate Research Interaction Day
Graduate Research Interaction Day Wednesday, April 8, 2015
To be a presenter, register at http://bit.ly/1GkRuiO by March 20, 2015 at 5:00pm.
It is available for pre-order at Corwin Publications.
Our celebration event was a resounding success!
Pictured above are some of our amazing students. See more photos on Facebook.
PPA Professors Charles Gossett and Mary Kirlin and Government Professor Kim Nalder weigh in on KCRA's AdWatch.
Distinguished Alumni Awards!Two MPPA Alumni are among those to receive Distinguished Alumni Awards presented by the University and the Sacramento State Alumni Association. They, along with the other awardees, were honored at a reception April 24.
James Mayer, MPPA 1992 • Keri Thomas, MPPA 2006