Public Policy and Administration
PPA in the Community
- Please join us in congratulating MPPA alumnus Andrew Sturmfels (MPPA 2012) and his wife, Nichole, as they welcome Andrea Beverly Sturmfels to the world. She arrived Friday, November 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm, weighing at at 8 lbs 5 oz. and 20.25 inches. Congratulations, Andrew and Nichole, on the arrival of your beautiful and healthy daughter!
- Alumnus Martin Radosevich (MPPA 2010) announced his move this November to Washington, D.C. to work for Rep. Zoe Lofgren as her Liaison to the 38 member California Democratic Congressional Delegation. Best wishes and congratulations, Martin!
- Center for California Studies Director and PPA 230 professor, Steve Boilard, co-wrote an op-ed for the Sacramento Bee with David Barker and Kim Nalder, entitled, "Viewpoints: Californians’ knowledge about civic finances is very disappointing".
- Professor Wassmer offered his thoughts on “Development After Redevelopment” in CA to the 2013 Riverside/San Bernardino Economic Forecast Conference in Riverside on 10/29/13.
- Professor Wassmer travelled to the Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in Kalamazoo, MI for a daylong strategic-vision meeting of the Editorial Board of Economic Development Quarterly.
See more at our PPA in the Community page.
The Master of Public Policy and Administration is an exciting professional degree opportunity for students interested in a public service career. The program draws together the diverse perspectives, technologies and skills now essential to a successful career in public management or in one of the many fields within the public policy arena. Unlike programs with a more limited focus, ours provides skills necessary for management and budgeting, as well as analytical tools helpful for understanding the economic implications of policy choices, evaluating policy options, developing political strategies for advancing proposals, and conducting/assessing research projects. Additionally, consideration of ethics and the public good is infused throughout the curriculum. Our graduate programs can be found at the University's on-line catalog.
The department also offers:
- Master of Science in Urban Land Development
- Special Master's Program in PPA and Gerontology
- Certificate in Collaborative Governance
- Through CCE: Certificate in Judicial Administration
- Independent Education Doctorate in partnership with the College of Education.
Attention applicants!We recently changed our statistics prerequisite from required to recommended.
See our prerequites page for more information.
PPA 200 Weekend Intensive 2013Continuing PPA students host lunch for first year students during the intensive weekend, September 6-8, 2013.
A warm welcome to our newest faculty member!Andrea Venezia is joining us as an Associate Professor in public policy and administration and Associate Director in the Institute for Higher Education Leadership and Policy. Andrea will be on campus, taking up her Associate Director duties, in late February and will begin teaching for us in the 2013-2014 academic year.
IHELP's January newsletter has more information about Andrea's current work and her appointment to Sacramento State.