Improvement Through Assessment
Welcome back from winter break! We look forward to working with you! Please check back regularly.
Welcome to our Office!
One of the core goals in Sacramento State's Strategic Plan is to improve student success by improving recruitment, retention, and graduation rates. As the office charged with facilitating assessment of student learning, the Office of Academic Program Assessment contributes to this goal by helping faculty gather and use evidence of what and how well students are learning to enhance teaching.
(Scroll down for quick links)
Here is the logic:
- Meet with faculty to discuss assessment procedure,
- Help faculty compile program reports,
- Assess evidence of student learning,
- Provide expert consultation,
- Develop teaching methods,
- Students learn better,
- More students want to come to Sac State,
- More students stay after they arrive, and
- More students graduate.
As a by-product of assessment activity, a warrant to teach provided through accreditation is earned; the public trust is maintained and strengthened. This website offers information about assessment on the Sac State campus as well as information about the broader context for assessment in higher education.
During the fall, our office began to evaluate and provide feedback for the 2014-2015 Annual Program Assessment Reports. Consultants met every Wednesday between 1:00pm and 3:00pm to review reports and discuss the many new changes to the organization of the assessment template and guidelines. The data from each program was entered into our database which have informed our executive reports, summaries, and statistics. This has yielded very detailed findings of the quality of assessment here on campus.
- We have developed and piloted the first examples of digital assessment reporting using SharePoint browser software. Please find the necessary information here.
- We have finished the review of the Annual Assessment 2013-14 reports.
Updated Jan 27