Improvement Through Assessment
We have organized our workshops for this semester. Please visit our quick links below for more info.
Welcome to our Office!
One of the core goals in Sacramento State's Strategic Plan is to improve student success by improving recruitment, retention, and graduation rates. As the office charged with facilitating assessment of student learning, the Office of Academic Program Assessment contributes to this goal by helping faculty gather and use evidence of what and how well students are learning to enhance teaching.
Assessment Plans (coming soon)
Faculty/Professional Learning Community (FLC/PLC)
The Logic of Assessment:
- Meet with faculty to discuss assessment procedure,
- Help faculty compile program reports,
- Assess evidence of student learning,
- Provide expert consultation,
- Develop teaching methods,
- Students learn better,
- More students want to come to Sac State,
- More students stay after they arrive, and
- More students graduate.
As a by-product of assessment activity, a warrant to teach provided through accreditation is earned; the public trust is maintained and strengthened. This website offers information about assessment on the Sac State campus as well as information about the broader context for assessment in higher education.
During the spring, consultants will meet every Wednesday between 1:00pm and 3:00pm to discuss the organization of the assessment template and guidelines; to prepare meaningful and helpful workshops to assist faculty in the assessment process; and to plan to meet with deans and chairs to find out what faculty needs to make this an easy and clear system of assessment. Here are some of our latest updaets:
- We have finished the review of the Annual Assessment 2014-15 reports.
- We have developed and piloted the first examples of digital assessment reporting using SharePoint browser software. Please find the necessary information here.
- We have finished the review of the Annual Assessment 2013-14 reports.
Updated Apr 21