Improvement Through Assessment
ATTENTION: THE EVALUATION OF ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-2015 ASSESSMENT REPORTS IS COMPLETE. PLEASE VISIT 2014-2015 ASSESSMENT REPORTS FOR FEEDBACK.
Welcome to our Office!
One of the core goals in Sacramento State's Strategic Plan is to improve student success by improving recruitment, retention, and graduation rates. As the office charged with facilitating assessment of student learning, the Office of Academic Program Assessment contributes to this goal by helping faculty gather and use evidence of what and how well students are learning to enhance teaching.
(Scroll down for quick links)
Here is the logic:
- Meet with faculty to discuss assessment procedure,
- Help faculty compile program reports,
- Assess evidence of student learning,
- Provide expert consultation,
- Develop teaching methods,
- Students learn better,
- More students want to come to Sac State,
- More students stay after they arrive, and
- More students graduate.
As a by-product of assessment activity, a warrant to teach provided through accreditation is earned; the public trust is maintained and strengthened. This website offers information about assessment on the Sac State campus as well as information about the broader context for assessment in higher education.
During the summer, our office began to collect 2014-2015 Annaul Program Assessment Reports. Consultants will meet every Wednesday between 1:00pm and 3:00pm to review reports and discuss the many new changes to the organization of the assessment template and guidelines. The data from each program will be entered into the database before we are ready to produce our executive reports, summaries, and statistics. These will yield very detailed findings of the quality of assessment here on campus.
- We have developed and piloted the first examples of digital assessment reporting using SharePoint browser software. Please find the necessary information here.
- We have finished the review of the Annual Assesment 2013-14 reports.
Updated November 13