Overview of Graduate Program
Our graduate program is designed to prepare students for specific types of jobs or for Ph.D. programs in Psychology. There are three available tracks:
- The Applied Behavior Analysis option prepares students to practice as M.A. level board certified behavior analysts, as well as to enter doctoral (Ph.D.) programs in Applied Behavior Analysis or Experimental Analysis of Behavior.
- The Doctoral Preparation option prepares students for doctoral study in all fields of Psychology.
- The Industrial/Organizational Psychology option is designed to prepare students for positions such as organizational research analysts, personnel analysts, and test validation specialists. Most of our I/O graduates are employed by the State of California.
Students in our graduate program may prepare for doctoral study in:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Counseling Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- General Experimental Psychology
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Social Psychology
Our doctoral preparation students have been accepted into Ph.D. programs across the nation. We also provide various levels of teaching experiences to qualified graduate students. These experiences have helped some of our former students obtain part-time and full-time teaching positions at community colleges. They have helped others to acquire teaching assistantship or instructor positions while enrolled in Ph.D. programs at other universities.
Graduate Application: The Sacramento State Psychology Graduate Program admits students in the fall semester. The application deadline is January 15. To establish their applicant files, students must provide the department with a completed Department Application, a full set of transcripts, Verbal and Quantitative GRE scores, and three letters of recommendation. Students may also need to submit additional materials based on the track to which they are applying. For Applications Materials, please refer to "Graduate Program Links".
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.