APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS (ABA)
Applied Behavior Analysis is a scientific approach aimed at 1) understanding environmental variables that reliably influence socially significant behavior and 2) developing behavior-change technologies based on this understanding.
The Behavior Analysis Program at Sac State has three goals. The first is to teach students to think critically and scientifically about behavioral processes. The second is to enable students to enter doctoral programs in behavior analysis, and the third is to prepare students for careers in applied behavior analysis by passing the national certification examination (BCABA and BCBA). The Behavior Analysis course sequence at Sac State has been approved by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB).
MASTER OF ARTS DEGREE IN ABA
The M.A. program in Psychology: ABA consists of a minimum of 35 units of specialized coursework taken concurrently with established degree requirements. Students are required to write an experimental thesis. Application deadline: Januaury 15th
Required Core (7 units)
- PSYC 200 - Methods in Empirical Psychology (3 units)
- PSYC 203/292 - Experimental Design (4 units)
Required Area Courses (21 units)
- PSYC 271 - Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis (4 units)
- PSYC 272 – Research Methods in Behavior Analysis (3 units)
- PSYC 274 – Theoretical Foundations of Behavior Analysis (3 units)
- PSYC 281 - Advanced Experimental Analysis of Behavior (4 units)
- PSYC 284- Assessment and Treatment of Behavior Problems (4 units)
- PSYC 291 - Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis (3 units)
Electives (3 units)
Thesis (4 units)
BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS FACULTY
Miguel, Caio (Ph.D., BCBA-D, Western Michigan University). Verbal Behavior, Stimulus Control, Equivalence Relations, Autism Treatment, Applied Animal Behavior.
Penrod, Becky (Ph.D., BCBA-D, University of Nevada, Reno). Pediatric Behavior Problems, Feeding Disorders, Functional Behavioral Assessments, Parent and Teacher Training.
Heinicke, Megan (Auburn, University). Behavioral Intervention Within NeuroRehabilitation, Stimulus Preference Assessments, Language Acquisition, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.