- Program Impaction
- About Us
- Message from Chair
- Psyc Links
- Job Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Summer Session 2013
Faculty & Staff
- Full Time Faculty
- Part Time Faculty
- Spring 2013 Office Hours
- Staff Members
- Faculty Forms
- Teaching and Grad Assistants
Impaction and Applying to the Psychology Major
The Chancellor's Office of the California State University has granted the Psychology Department impaction status for its undergraduate major program effective Fall 2012. Students applying to the major are required to submit a supplemental application (available February 2012 for continuing students and March 2012 for new students). New applicants, including transfer students, must be admitted to the University prior to applying to the major.
To apply to the undergraduate psychology major, you must meet all of the following supplemental admission criteria:
- New and returning students must meet the CSU admission requirements and must be in good academic standing.
- Students must complete PSYC 2 (Introductory Psychology; 3 semester units) and PSYC 8 (Methods of Psychology; 3 semester units) or their articulated equivalents with a grade of “C” or higher in each course within 2 attempts.
- Students must have completed at least 30 semester units.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.3.
Admission of majors to the Psychology program will be based on a rank ordering of eligible applicants according to their overall GPA. Applicants will be accepted for available spaces up to the departmental capacity. The GPA cut-off for Fall 2013 admission to the major was 2.7.The Supplemental Application period is closed for Fall 2013 registration. Dates for the Spring 2014 application cycle are not yet available, but will most likely be in early October, 2013.
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.