- Research Subject Pool
- Program Impaction
- Message from Chair
- Helpful Links
- Fall 2013 Office Hours
Impaction and Applying to the Psychology Major
The Chancellor's Office of the California State University has granted the Psychology Department impaction status for its undergraduate major program effective Fall 2012. Students applying to the major are required to submit a supplemental application. New applicants, including transfer students, must be admitted to the University prior to applying to the major.
To apply to the undergraduate psychology major, you must meet all of the following supplemental admission criteria:
- New and returning students must meet the CSU admission requirements and must be in good academic standing.
- Students must complete PSYC 2 (Introductory Psychology; 3 semester units) and PSYC 8 (Methods of Psychology; 3 semester units) or their articulated equivalents with a grade of “C” or higher in each course within 2 attempts.
- Students must have completed at least 30 semester units.
- Students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.3.
Admission of majors to the Psychology program will be based on a rank ordering of eligible applicants according to their overall GPA. Applicants will be accepted for available spaces up to the departmental capacity.
For more information on impaction and the AA-T/AS-T transfer degree, please see the Impaction & Applying to Psychology Major.
The next application period is February 1st through March 15th. Students applying during this period are applying for admission to the Psychology major for Fall 2013 registration. All Supplemental Application requirements must be met at the time of application to the major.
- If you are not currently a Sac State student, you can find a wealth of information on applying to the University at the Admission and Records website.
California State University, Sacramento | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-6011
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact us.