Graduation - Evaluations Office
The Degree Evaluations Office reviews the courses you have completed and determines the official status of your progress toward graduation.
Not sure what you’re doing after graduation? Career Center services are available to all Sac State Alumni needing assistance with job searches and career opportunities!
All baccalaureate degrees at Sacramento State require completion of three categories: general education, major/minor requirements; and other all-University requirements. Refer to the Bachelor's Graduation Checklist.
A minimum of 120 units are required. No more than 70 units taken at a community college or other two-year college may be applied to this total, excluding military credit and credit by examination, which are not included in this limit. Quarter units may be converted to semester units by multiplying by two thirds.
Upper Division Units
A minimum of 40 upper division units is required to graduate. Sacramento State upper division courses are numbered 100-199.
All students under the 1992-2013/14 University Catalogues must complete 51 units of General Education requirements. Beginning with the 2014/15 University Catalogue, students must complete 48 units of General Education requirements. Additional graduation requirements are noted below. General Education program requirements and approved General Education courses may be found in the Sacramento State Catalog (current online version).
Graduation Priority Filing Timelines:
Fall Semester: February 1
Spring/Summer Semester: October 1
Online Graduation Application
The online graduation application is available to all students who are eligible to apply for graduation. CLICK HERE for more information. Second bachelor's students must meet with a graduation advisor to obtain a graduation application. Drop in hours Tuesday/Wednesday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Located in Lassen Hall Room 2000.
Graduation Application Fee is $76.50
Graduation Related Forms and Links
- Bachelor's Degree Date Change (pdf)
- Bachelor's Graduation Checklist (pdf)
- Degree Review (pdf)
- Diploma Reorder Form (pdf)
- GE Substitution Petition (pdf)
- Major/Minor Course Substitutions and Waivers (pdf)
- Verifying Degree Completion - Outside Agencies, Employers, background screening firms, and other outside agencies may verify Sacramento State degrees awarded by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse, 703-742-4200, www.degreeverify.com.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for set-up.
Attention Graduating Seniors
As a candidate for graduation this semester, the Degree Evaluations Office would like to remind you to review your requirements prior to graduation. The following information will assist you:
- Make sure you are enrolled in all remaining requirements; please review your Academic Requirements on your Student Center (available online at My Sac State).
- Changes to your major or minor must be submitted to the Degree Evaluations Office; substitutions may be filed by using the Major/Minor Course Substitution and Waivers Form and must be approved by the major or minor Department
- If you are repeating a course for grade improvement, file a Repeat Grade Replacement Petition.
- Courses completed using the CR/NC grading option cannot be used to meet General Education/graduation requirements or major/minor requirements.
- General Education courses must be selected from the approved General Education listing in the current catalog.
- If you are using high school coursework to fulfill the Foreign Language Requirement, please send your official high school transcripts to the Degree Evaluations Office.
- Please count your units; a minimum of 120 semester units with 40 upper division is required for the Bachelor's degree.
- The official date of graduation is the date grades are due by faculty.
- For information regarding the commencement ceremony contact University Advancement.
- Your Diploma will be mailed; please verify and update your current mailing address and telephone number by accessing My Sac State.
- Allow two weeks after grades are due before we begin final review of your file for degree conferral.
- Allow at least 3 to 4 months after the end of the semester for your diploma to be mailed.
- If you are taking classes at other institutions, please forward your final transcript to us as soon as possible.
- To avoid a potential delay in degree conferral, all incomplete grades must be completed prior to the first day of the next term including summer.
Major/Minor RequirementsIf you have received your degree evaluation and now wish to make changes to previously approved courses, you may need to file a Major/Minor Course Substitution and Waiver Form. Contact Degree Evaluations or your major department.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the address on file.
- Please update your address by visiting My Sac State
- Allow 3-4 months for completion of degree conferral after which time diplomas will be mailed.
- Degree conferral begins after final grades are posted.
- Diploma Reorder Form (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about diplomas.
MONTHLY AND RUSH ORDERS
- Diploma reorders are processed once a month at the end of every month.
- Your diploma will be mailed from the printing company within 10-14 business days.
- Rush service processing is 2-3 business days after the request is placed.
Drop-In Hours: Tuesday/Wednesday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Contact Information-Phone: 916-278-1000 option 6
Location: Lassen Hall Room 2000