The deadline to petition for reinstatement after disqualification for Fall 2016 has passed. Reinstatement after disqualification petitions for Fall 2017 will be available in May 2017.
The deadline to petition for readmission after dismissal for Spring 2017 has passed. Readmission after dismissal petitions for Spring 2018 will be available in August 2017.
Students who have been academically disqualified can apply for “Reinstatement after Disqualification.”
Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters must also re-apply for admission.
Sac State is an impacted campus and students who need to re-apply for admission must have completed 60 units and have most lower division General Education (GE) requirements completed (Areas A1, A2, A3, B4 are required). All requirements must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in order to be eligible for Fall reinstatement; summer course work will not be used to determine eligibility.
Students who have been dismissed from Sac State may apply for “Readmission after Dismissal” for each Spring semester.
- Academically dismissed students must sit out one semester before being eligible for readmission.
- Students who have been dismissed twice must sit out two years before petitioning for reinstatement.
In order to be eligible for “Readmission after Dismissal” students must have successfully completed GE Areas A1 (Oral Communication), A2 (Written Communication), A3 (Critical Thinking) and B4 (Quantitative Reasoning) with minimum “C-” grades.
Additionally, students applying for “Readmission after Dismissal” must have at least 60 semester units completed to be eligible.
All requirements must be completed by the preceding Summer to be eligible for Spring readmission.
Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters will need to re-apply for admission.
Students reinstated after dismissal are limited to 6 – 7 units per semester for the first two semesters they return.
The following majors are currently impacted at Sac State:
- Biological Sciences (beginning 2015/2016)
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Design (Graphic Design and Photography)
- Health Science
Returning dismissed students who are interested in choosing an impacted major must apply as Undeclared and should review the major department website for information on qualifying for admission to that major.
Disqualification Dates and Deadlines
- May 2017 – “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petition available for download this web page
- June 26, 2017 – deadline to submit “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petition
- June 29, 2017 – August 4, 2017 – petitions reviewed by Reinstatement Subcommittee
- August 7, 2017 – students notified of committee’s decision
Dismissal Dates and Deadlines
- July 31, 2017 – “Readmission after Dismissal” petition available for download on this web page
- August 28, 2017 – deadline to submit “Readmission after Dismissal” petition and application for admission (if applicable)
- October 1 – November 20, 2017 – petitions reviewed by Readmission Subcommittee
- December 4, 2017 – students notified of committee’s decision
How do I know if I am disqualified or dismissed?
- Check your unofficial transcript. If you look at the semester after which you were disqualified or dismissed, your academic standing will say "Acad Disqualified" or "Academic Dismissal". If you do not have access to your unofficial transcript, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.