Sacramento State is an impacted campus. An impacted campus means that we have more qualified applicants than space available to accommodate. As a result, we must be restrictive on who will be reinstated for the Fall 2017 semester. If we do open the reinstatement process for Fall 2017, only students who are able to graduate within one to two semesters will be considered for reinstatement. It has not yet been decided when the reinstatement petition will be made available. Please check the website after June 1, 2017 for updates to the reinstatement process for Fall 2017.
Students seeking “Readmission after Dismissal” may be considered for Spring 2018 reinstatement depending on the number of students enrolled at Sac State.
Students who have been academically disqualified may apply for “Reinstatement after Disqualification.”
Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters must also re-apply for admission.
Sac State is an impacted campus and students who need to re-apply for admission must have completed 60 units and have most lower division General Education (GE) requirements completed (Areas A1, A2, A3, B4 are required). All requirements must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in order to be eligible for Fall reinstatement; summer course work will not be used to determine eligibility.
Students who have been dismissed from Sac State may apply for “Readmission after Dismissal” for each Spring semester.
- Academically dismissed students must sit out one semester before being eligible for readmission.
- Students who have been dismissed twice must sit out two years before petitioning for reinstatement.
In order to be eligible for “Readmission after Dismissal” students must have successfully completed GE Areas A1 (Oral Communication), A2 (Written Communication), A3 (Critical Thinking) and B4 (Quantitative Reasoning) with minimum “C-” grades.
Additionally, students applying for “Readmission after Dismissal” must have at least 60 semester units completed to be eligible.
All requirements must be completed by the preceding Summer to be eligible for Spring readmission.
Any student who has not been enrolled at Sac State for two or more semesters will need to re-apply for admission.
Students reinstated after dismissal are limited to 6 – 7 units per semester for the first two semesters they return.
The following majors are currently impacted at Sac State:
- Biological Sciences (beginning 2015/2016)
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Design (Graphic Design and Photography)
- Health Science
Returning dismissed and disqualified students interested in choosing an impacted major must apply as Undeclared and should review the major department website for information on qualifying for admission to that major.
Disqualification Dates and Deadlines
- June 2017 – “Reinstatement after Disqualification” petitions may be available on this webpage
- July 2017 – deadline for petitions will be in mid-July (no specific date decided)
- August 2017 – student will be notified of committee’s decision
Dismissal Dates and Deadlines
- Check website in August 2017 to find information on the status of petitioning for Spring 2018 "Readmission after Dismissal".
How do I know if I am disqualified or dismissed?
- Check your unofficial transcript. If you look at the semester after which you were disqualified or dismissed, your academic standing will say "Acad Disqualified" or "Academic Dismissal". If you do not have access to your unofficial transcript, please send an email to email@example.com.