Sacrament State DiscoveriesSacramento StateRACARACA




About Us


Contact Information



Funding Opportunities


Proposal Development


Contract Development


Award Administration


Policies and Procedures


Workshops and Training

Research Integrity and Compliance


Animal Welfare


Conflicts of Interest


Human Subjects


RCR-Responsible Conduct

Centers and Institutes


Collaborations and Initiatives


California Intern Network


Student Opportunities

Sacramento State


University Enterprises, Inc.



Travel Policies and Information and Forms

Sacramento State Travel Information:
See Sacramento State Accounts Payable.





Policy Changes for Proposals Involving International Travel
As a result of recent changes in CSU travel policy, funding proposals to any agency or organization that include international travel components for faculty, staff or students require additional compliance and approval steps. Faculty are urged to contact their sponsored research officer at least six weeks in advance of the proposal deadline so that the travel can be reviewed and the appropriate documentation requested via Risk Management and/or the CSU Chancellor’s Office. If you have a currently funded project with international travel, your account administrator can assist with obtaining the necessary campus approvals prior to departure and rebudgeting for the required insurance.


For more information, please contact your
sponsored research officer


CSU Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP)>


International Travel Forms


Additional compliance and approvals are required prior to travel.

  • Academic Affairs International Travel Request [PDF]
  • FTIP Report and Request Form [WEBSITE]
  • UEI Foreign Travel Procedure [DETAILS]

  UEI  Travel Request and Claim:


The Travel Request includes an estimation worksheet, travel request and travel claim form (designed for one trip) – and must be completed and submitted to University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) prior to departure date. UEI employees who use their private vehicles or drive rental cars while traveling on UEI/Sac State business must provide certificate of insurance and evidence of a valid driver's license at least 10 days prior to the departure date.


Guidelines required on most state contracts:
See State (DPA) web site.


Standard Mileage Rate Change
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced that the standard mileage rate has decreased from 56.5¢ to 56¢ per mile for business miles driven after January 1, 2014.

For travel that occurred on or after 1/1/14:
Travel Request and Claim [EXCEL]
Travel Claim Only [EXCEL]