- Getting Started
Important Campus Links
How to Register a Gaming Device
Determining Your MAC Address for Gaming Systems
Once you have written down your MAC address please visit the following page to register the MAC address with Information Resources and Technology: http://webapps2.csus.edu/atg/ATGreslink.aspx.
- Start Wii system without a disc
- From the home screen, select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner.
- Click on Wii Settings.
- On this screen, select the right arrow to advance to the 2nd set of settings.
- Select the Internet option.
- Select the Console Information option.
- The MAC address will be listed under USB Ethernet Adapter MAC Address.
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
These steps assume you cannot connect to Xbox Live until you finish configuring your Xbox console to use your PC's MAC address. Therefore, you should receive the following message: "Could not connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to troubleshoot your network connection?".
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings.
- The 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screens is the MAC address of your Xbox console. Do not change your Xbox console MAC address, just write it down so that you can use it later.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure the IP Settings is on Automatic.
- Now go to Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
- Load the Start-up CD in your PS2.
- Make sure you have the network cable disconnected.
- Walk through the Start-Up CD until it starts testing your connection. Since we disconnected the network cable the test will fail.
- You can now press the select button which will display the MAC address.
- The 12-digit number is the MAC address of your PS2, write it down so that you can use it later.
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without any disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select Settings.
- Once you are in Settings select Network Settings.
- When the Network Settings list appears, select the first option which is titled Settings and Connection Status List.
- The physical address will be listed under MAC Address.
Sacramento State Housing and Residential Life - ResLink | 6006 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819 | (916) 278-2555
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please contact the webmaster.