SacCT: FACULTY RESOURCES
New Features and Updates for Faculty (SP 12)
- In mid-July, SacCT was updated to Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 12, which included enhancements to several key tools, such as assignments, calendar, global navigation and tests. More detail information can be found at the Updates for Faculty webpage.
- One-hour workshops on the new features and updates include: “SacCT: New Tools Orientations", “SacCT: New Test Features” and “SacCT: New Assignment Features.” Visit the Training webpage for information on dates and times for these workshops.
- Faculty can now have a private content area in the new Content Collection (where all course files and private files are stored) and share these files in multiple courses.
- Uploading Files to the Content Collection [Blackboard Help]
- Linking a File to Multiple Courses from the Content Collection [Blackboard Help]
- About Browsing for Files in Course Files and the Content Collection [Blackboard Help]
- Creating & Managing Content Areas [Blackboard Help]
- Course Files [Blackboard Help]
- Learning Modules in Migrated Courses (PDF)
Import an Archived Course (PDF)
An alternative course copy process. Copy a course from a previous semester to a current course, using the export and import feature in SacCT.
- Learn about the Grade Center interface [Blackboard]
- Working Offline: Download/Upload Grade Center Data [Blackboard Help] & Flash movie tutorial [Blackboard OnDemand Flash movie]
- How do students access and view grades? [Blackboard]
The Global Learning Network provides new social learning tools that students and instructors can use to communicate and collaborate with other users in our campus and other campuses using Blackboard Learn. These tools include:
- User Profile - Create your online academic identity which includes a profile wall to communicate, message and follow other users in your network.
- People Tool - Find students and peers in our campus or other institutions using Blackboard Learn.
- Messages - Send a quick message to users in your network.
- Spaces - Create an area to collaborate with other users in your network. Instructors can create a space to share best practices or collaborate with other departments. Students can use spaces to communicate and collaborate with common interests such as a group project or social club.
Watch About Social Learning Tools video to learn more.
Last updated: October 17, 2013
Announcements for SacCT
Faculty Resources for SacCT
What's New in Blackboard Learn [Blackboard]
System Status and Issues
Server Maintenance - Tuesday Morning (12:01am to 6:30am)
We perform routine maintenance and updates on the server every Tuesday. All users should schedule and plan assignments, tests, and other coursework accordingly.
Server Status & Issues
To review planned downtimes, previous downtimes or current issues, visit:
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.