UPDATES FOR STUDENTS
Below is a summary of the major updates for the latest version of SacCT (Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 12).
A complete list of updates can be found at the What's New in Blackboard Learn page for students.
- Review Graded Assignment Submissions Inline allows students to view submissions in the browser and see annotations (feedback) made by your instructor.
- Significant enhancements to Calendar allows you to view color coded calendars from courses and personal events in a single view.
- Due Dates for Assignments, Discussions, and Tests automatically appear in course calendar.
- The Global Learning Network area allows students to connect and collaborate with others within the institution in various ways.
- Students can set up a profile to create an online identity for others to view and connect with.
- The People tool can be used to find and connect with others within courses and throughout the institution.
- Aside from course messages and email, students can use the Message tool to quickly send messages to others.
- Spaces can be used for students to communicate and collaborate with common interests such as a group project or social club.
- Summary of activities in all courses now in one easy place (upper right next to your name). Includes: Messages, My Calendar, My Grades, Posts, and Profile.
- The My Grades tool has been completely redesigned and is now in one easy place (upper right next to your name).
Updates and Fixes
- Accessibility features in areas such as reading threads, test availability exceptions, and content editor math formulas have been improved.
- Browser support has been improved to work better with the latest browsers.
- The discussions user interface has been updated to make the thread detail page easier to read.
- Only graded columns appear in My Grades for students. If there is no grade or attempt for a student for that column, the column does not appear for that student.
- Easier to read list of columns and grades.
- Messages now appear in the new My Blackboard tool - just click your name in the upper right corner.
- Users can now attach files when replying to messages.
- When taking a test after the first attempt, the screen displayed after you click 'Begin' has been improved to display easy-to-read buttons with your choices. See sample image for taking tests.
- Links to external websites in a Content Area now open in a new window. You may be prompted to open the link.
Last updated: August 30, 2013
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.