March is a time when heroines of all stripes are recognized as Sacramento State’s Women’s Resource Center celebrates Women’s History Month with an array of educational events highlighting women’s history, culture and achievements. Here are some highlights:
- Tuesday, March 13, at 3 p.m.: “Love and Plurality” will be the subject of a panel discussion in the Orchard Suite of the University Union.
- Wednesday, March 14, at 7 p.m.: the “Campus Calm Lecture” in the Delta Room in the Union.
- Friday, March 16, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Congresswoman Doris Matsui will host a Women's Health Event at The WELL to highlight the need for continued access to women's health services, including prevention services and contraception.
- Wednesday, March 28, at 4 p.m.: the Women of Influence Awards Ceremony in the American River Courtyard.
- Thursday, March 29: “Pleasure Yourself and Your Partner” will be held in the University Union lobby for those 18 years of age or older.
Jeffrey Weston, interim director of the Women’s Resource Center is pleased with the festivities thus far. “Women’s ‘Herstory’ Month,” he says, “captures the leadership, spirit and contributions of woman around the world. Through many wonderful events it also captures the amazing talents of our Women’s Resource Center staff.”
For media assistance, contact Public Affairs at (916) 278-6156.
– Alan Miller