sacramento state -  Office of Academic Affairs
sac state homeadmissionsabout sac stategiving a giftsite indexcontact us

  • Courses
  • Dates
  • Fees
  • Registration
  • Forms
  • Financial Aid
  • General Education
  • FAQs
  • Services

• Campus Map
and Bldg. Legend
• Schedule Home
• CSUS Home



Students eligible for financial aid for Summer 2006 are required to pay their own fees prior to registering. You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units to qualify for aid.

  • File the 2005/06 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if you have not already done so for Fall 2005 or Spring 2006.
  • Be as thorough and as accurate as possible.
  • Complete all sections.
  • Don't leave any required items blank.
  • MAIL THE SIGNED FAFSA TO THE FEDERAL PROCESSOR IN ILLINOIS (envelope provided with application).
  • Important: At step 6 of FAFSA list CSU Sacramento federal code 001150.
  • Meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss any special circumstances that should be considered.
  • If you have already filed the FAFSA but did not list CSU Sacramento, call the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 with the DRN from your SAR (Student Aid Report) and provide school name and federal code 001150.
  • Fill out the Sacramento State Institutional Summer Financial Aid Application and submit it to the Sacramento State Financial Aid Office. Sacramento State Institutional Summer Financial Aid Application.
  • Submit requested documents to the Financial Aid Office promptly.
  • When your file is complete you will receive an AWARD LETTER detailing any aid you are eligible for. Respond promptly with signature, date and accepting or declining the aid programs offered.
  • Report address/phone changes on CasperWeb or at the Admissions/Records office.

Disbursement Procedures for Financial Aid
Disbursements will occur during the first week of the last session in which you are enrolled. For example, if you are registered for courses in Session A (first 6-weeks) and Session B (second 6-weeks), you will not receive your aid until the first week of Session B. Financial aid checks/disbursement mailers will be mailed to the address on file with Admissions and Records. The check has a disbursement mailer with it which will be sent for each disbursement. The check/disbursement mailer will contain the following information: Types of Aid received, amounts tranferred to pay any debt, balance of aid, and your disbursement date.

Fees Paid by a Sponsored Program
(Foreign Government, Department of Rehabilitation, etc.)

Before your registration day:


An authorization from your sponsor must be on file in the Student Financial Services Center five business days prior to your registration day.


Write the name of your sponsor on the fee statement form.


If your sponsor pays only part of the fees, include a payment for your portion with the fee statement form.


If you know that your authorization will not be received in time for you to register, you will need to pay your own fees and apply for reimbursement when proper authorization is received.

If you have any questions concerning your fees being paid by a sponsored program, call (916) 278-6736.

NOTE: Refer to Fees Section for specific information on withdrawals from all sessions and prorated refund deadlines.