sacramento state -  Office of Academic Affairs
sac state homeadmissionsabout sac stategiving a giftsite indexcontact us

  • Courses
  • Dates
  • Fees
  • Registration
  • Forms
  • Financial Aid
  • FAQs
  • Services

• Campus Map
and Bldg. Legend
• Schedule Home
• Sacramento State Home



Sac State requires a separate summer financial aid application in addition to the FAFSA which will be available at the Financial Aid website on April 2008 at . You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units to qualify for most aid programs. Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at for you and your parents (if you are a dependent student).

  • File the 2007/08 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if you have not already done so for Fall 2007 or Spring 2008 at
  • Be as thorough and as accurate as possible. it is highly recommended that you complete the "FAFSA on the Web Worksheet" prior to completing the FAFSA online.
  • Don't leave any required items blank.
  • Important: At step 6 of FAFSA, list CSU, Sacramento's federal code 001150.
  • You may meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss any special circumstances that should be considered.
  • If you have already filed the FAFSA, but did not list CSU, Sacramento, go back to home page and select "Make Corrections to a processed FAFSA", add the Sac State's school code 001150 and submit it OR you may call the federal processor at 1-800-433-3243 with the DRN from your Student Aid Report (SAR) to provide the school name and school code 001150.
  • Complete the "Sacramento State Institutional Summer Financial Aid Application" online on the Financial Aid website at after April 1, 2008 through June 6, 2008.
  • Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office promptly.
  • When your file is complete, you will receive an email "Award Notification" detailing any aid for which you are eligible. Promptly submit it online after accepting or declining the aid offered.
  • Report address/phone changes on your "My Sac State".

Disbursement Procedures for Financial Aid
Disbursements will occur during the first week of the last session in which you are enrolled. For example, if you are registered for courses in Session A (first 6-weeks) and Session B (second 6-weeks), you will not receive your aid until the first week of Session B. Financial aid checks/disbursement mailers will be mailed to the address on file with Admissions and Records. The check has a disbursement mailer with it which will be sent for each disbursement. The check/disbursement mailer will contain the following information: Types of Aid received, amounts tranferred to pay any debt, balance of aid, and your disbursement date.

Fees Paid by a Sponsored Program
(Foreign Government, Institution, Department of Rehabilitation, Veterans Affairs Office, etc.)

Before your registration day:


An authorization from your sponsor must be on file in the Student Financial Services Center five business days prior to your registration day.


Write the name of your sponsor on the fee statement form.


If your sponsor pays only part of the fees, include a payment for your portion with the fee statement form.


If you know that your authorization will not be received in time for you to register, you will need to pay your own fees and apply for reimbursement when proper authorization is received.

If you have any questions concerning your fees being paid by a sponsored program, call (916) 278-6736.

NOTE: Refer to Fees Section for specific information on withdrawals from all sessions and prorated refund deadlines.