sacramento state -  Office of Academic Affairs
sac state homeadmissionsabout sac stategiving a giftsite indexcontact us

  • Courses
  • Dates
  • Fees
  • Registration
  • Forms
  • Financial Aid
  • FAQs
  • Services

• Campus Map
and Bldg. Legend
• Schedule Home
• Sacramento State Home



Sac State requires a separate summer financial aid application in addition to the FAFSA which will be available at the Financial Aid website on April 2009 at You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units to qualify for most aid programs.

  • File the 2008/09 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  • Be as thorough and as accurate as possible. It is highly recommended that you complete the "FAFSA on the Web Worksheet" prior to completing the FAFSA online.
  • Don't leave any required items blank.
  • You may meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss any special circumstances that should be considered.
  • Important: At step 6 of FAFSA, list CSU, Sacramento's federal code 001150.
  • If you have already filed the FAFSA, but did not list CSU, Sacramento, go back to home page and select "Make Corrections to a processed FAFSA", add Sac State's school code 001150 and submit it.
  • Complete the "Sacramento State Institutional Summer Financial Aid Application" online on the Financial Aid website at after April 20, 2009 through June 12, 2009.
  • Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office promptly.
  • After your file is complete, you will receive a message on your my Sac State account. Follow the directions, read the "Award Notification" information, and accept or decline your award offer.
  • Update your address and/or phone number on your My Sac State account.

Disbursement Procedures for Financial Aid
Disbursements will occur during the first week of the last course start date in which you are enrolled. For example, if you are registered for a course beginning June 1st and a course beginning July 13th, you will not receive your aid until the week of july 13th. Financial aid checks will be mailed to the address on your My Sac State account. To get your money faster, sign up for eRefund at

Fees Paid by a Sponsored Program
(Foreign Government, Institution, Department of Rehabilitation, Veterans Affairs Office, etc.)

NOTE: Refer to Fees Section for specific information on withdrawal dates and prorated refund deadlines.