Awards & Recognition
The annual Leadership Awards Reception is an opportunity for Student Organizations & Leadership to recognize and appreciate the outstanding work of our student organizations as well as a few incredible individual leaders. Each year, our student organizations positively contribute to campus life by hosting over 6,000 general meetings and special events at Sacramento State where students interact, learn, and have fun.
Congratulations to our 2016 Leadership Awards recipients:
- Outstanding Diversity Program Award: Sigma Theta Psi Multicultural Sorority for Culture Shock
- Outstanding Collaborative Program Award: Hmong Health Alliance, Bhagat Puran Singh Health Initiative, and Minority Association of Premedical Students for The Morning Stars Medical and Allied Health Conference
- Outstanding Program/Event Award: Society of Women Engineers for Women’s Shadow Day
- Outstanding Service Program/Event Award: Delta Chi Fraternity for Hands of Humanity
- Outstanding Wellness Program/Event Award: Hmong Health Alliance for Health and Wellness Fair
- Outstanding Scholarship Program/Event Award: Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority for Phi Sigma Sigma Scholarship Program
- Best Use of DOC Funding Award: Hmong Health Alliance for Health and Wellness Fair
- Student Leader of the Year Award: Kendle Bullman
- Faculty/Staff Advisor of the Year Award: Dr. Amber Gonzales
- Organization of the Year Award: Student California Teachers Association
Student organization award recipients will be entered into a separate priority lottery for their Fall 2016 booth space and will still need to be present at the Fall Booth Sign Ups.