Community Member Resources
We are often asked by community members about how to outreach to one or more of our student organzitions to seek volunteers, share employment opportunities, etc. To contact a student organization:
- Go to the Finding a Group Page
- If you already know the organization you are interested in outreaching to, type their name in the search bar. If you do not have a specific club, you can search by keywords and/or check out the clubs under each specific category.
- When the club name appears, click on the name and a brief club profile will appear which includes the contact information for the club.
Note: Our office will not provide more information than what can be found on the club profiles in order to protect our student's personal information.
- Student Organizations & Leadership: Any member of the campus community or a person or organization outside the campus community can initiate an allegation of misconduct against a student organization. Allegations of misconduct shall normally be brought to the attention of the Associate Director of SO&L at 916-278-6595. More details on how to report can be found on page 24 in the Student Org Handbook (III. A. General Guidelines for Handling Student Organizations Misconduct).
- Office of Equal Opportunity: Sacramento State’s Office of Equal Opportunity is the designated authority to review any allegations of sexual misconduct, stalking and dating violence. Students should immediately report these types of incidents to the Title IX Coordinator’s office at (916) 278-5770, regardless of whether they plan to conduct an internal adjudication process. Resources about Title IX and Sacramento State’s efforts regarding campus sexual violence prevention, can be found by visiting the WE CARE WE WILL HELP website at: www.csus.edu/titleix
- Student Health & Counseling Services: Confidential support and advocacy services are available 24 hours a day for victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and stalking. We will help survivors review their options for reporting the crime and assist in making a report, if desired. We will help with obtaining medical and counseling services, and restraining orders, and we can coordinate victim services both on and off campus. For confidential support during regular business hours: Student Health and Counseling Services at (916) 278-6461. For confidential support after hours: WEAVE (916) 920-2952
- Sacramento State Police Department: Suspicious activity and/or crimes can be reported to our campus police department. Call (916) 278-6000 or dial 911 from any campus phone. More info can also be found by visiting: www.csus.edu/aba/police
Time, Place & Manner Restrictions on Speech and Speech-Related Activities: This policy concerns the time, place, and manner restrictions for freedom of expression activities, commercial transactions and solicitation, non-commercial transactions and solicitation, amplified sound, and posting or chalking, including the distribution of handbills and circulars at Sacramento State.