Good Government Organizations and Partners
PIE Trusted Groups:
- The League of Women Voters has been around since 1920, working in a non-partisan way on "Making Democracy Work". They put on local debates, register voters, and much more in local communities all over the country. The California branch works on empowering voters through education and advocacy of clean and open governnment measures.
- Common Cause is dedicated to "Holding Power Accountable" in a non-partisan way. California Common Cause is a very active voice for citizens and good government in CA.
- California Choices is a consortium of academics and non-profits working on informing California voters about reforms and electoral issues.
- The Center for California Studies at CSUS prepares people for public service and leadership, works on public policy and civic literacy, and manages the Capital Fellows Program in Sacramento.
- UC Davis' Institute of Governmental Affiars conducts social science research and puts on public affairs programming.
- UC Berkeley's Institute for Governmental Studies hosts conferences, scholars, and large scale events around issues of governance. They also publish related titles.
- Stanford's Bill Lane Center for the American West "supports research, teaching, and reporting about western land and life."