Financial Literacy Resources for Students
This page contains information and links that help students with disabilities in the program improve their financial literacy, including financial planning for postsecondary education.
- Sac State - Your Money Matters - Resource provided by Student Financial Services Center on saving money, spending plans, student loans, and other financial literacy matters; includes a quiz on how much you know about your dough.
- Financial Aid Tutorial for EOP Students - This step-by-step resource was designed for Educational Opportunity Program students and includes instructions for accepting Financial Aid in My Sac State and other useful information. For Financial Aid questions, contact Financial Aid office (916)278-6554.
- Educational Credit Management Corporation (ECMC) (formerly Ed Fund) - Provides resources and e-learning for students on a variety of financial literacy areas including financial planning and tips for managing college finances.
- World Institute on Disability - Disability Benefits and Income - This website includes resources on disability benefits and income and economic development resources designed for persons with disabilities.
- Practical Money Skills - Provides lesson plans, student activities, and interactive online games developed by educators by group - including college age and students with disabilities.
- MyMoney.Gov - Connects people to resources such as calculators, publications, and lessons plans from multiple federal agencies, such as the Federal Reserve, Department of Education, and Social Security Administration.
- 360 Financial Literacy - Supplies articles, online tools, and FAQs by life stages, like Childhood, College, Military & Reserves, Parenthood, Life Crisis, and Sandwich Generation
- College Funding for Students with Disabilities - Contains information on common forms of financial aid including some available specifically to students with disabilities
- Social Security Disability Programs - Has information about Social Security programs that pay benefits to eligible low income individuals who are blind or have other disabilities who meet criteria for benefits
- California Department of Rehabilitation - Web page for state vocational rehabilitation office which provides vocational rehabilitation services to eligible clients with physical or mental impairments
- Assistive Technology Network - AT Funding - Web page for the Assistive Technology Network, created by the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC), under a contract with the California AT System, a branch of the California Department of Rehabilitation; includes information on how to find the right devices, how to fund them and how to use them.
- Financial Literacy Media resources (.doc) - Provides a list of media resources related to Financial Literacy
- EFC Calculator - A free iPhone app that provides students with an estimate of expected family contribution which helps students find out if they are eligible for federal Pell Grant for education
- Spending Plan Worksheet - A tool students can use to help keep track of how much they earn and spend
- Stay tuned for more information on financial literacy educational materials and workshops.
SSWD does not promote, validate, or maintain any of the outside web sites listed. If you need assistance with alternate formats for those sites, you will need to contact the outside web sites.
Please inform SSWD at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems accessing the SSWD web site.