Office of Services to Students with Disabilities
SSWD Location & Contact Info
Lassen Hall Room 1008
SSWD Office: (916) 278-6955 or (916) 278-7239 (TDD)
More SSWD contact information
SSWD Office Hours:
Spring 2013 Hours:
February 4 - May 17: (Monday-Friday): 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (open during lunch)
May 20 - May 24 (Finals Week): 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The SSWD office will be closed on the following holidays: May 27 (Memorial Day Holiday); July 4 (Independance Day Holiday); September 3 (Labor Day Holiday).
Contact the SSWD office if normal office hours present an undue hardship.
- SSWD Brochure (.doc)
- Returning Student Accommodation Request Form (.doc)
- Financial Aid and Financial Literacy Resources
- Graduate Studies Financial & Other Information
- Study Strategies Resources
- Student Veterans with Disabilities
- Student Conduct Code
- Parking Fee Waiver Form
- Transition Handout (.doc)
- Testing Accommodation Instruction Form for Faculty
- Creating Extended Time in SacCT (online) Exams
- Instructional Materials Accessibility Checklist
- Requesting Video Captioning
- Making Your Campus Event Accessible
- Timely Textbook Adoption Video & Info
- Working Together: Faculty Handbook
- Academic Program Access for Students with Disabilities Policy
Services to Students with Disabilities (SSWD) offers a wide range of support services and accommodations for students in order to ensure students with disabilities have equal access and opportunity to pursue their educational goals.
Services and accommodations are provided to students with visual, hearing, mobility impairments, specific learning disabilities, psychiatric disorders, and/or other types of disabilities. Students must submit medical or professional documentation prior to meeting with a counselor for a needs assessment and accommodation plan. Please see details in SSWD Application Process and Forms.
Working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and administrators, SSWD provides consultation and serves as the information resource on disability related issues to the campus community.
- SSWD Priority Registration Eligibility Criteria
- Moving Forward: Leadership Skills for Moving from Campus to Community (This event has passed, but handouts available at the workshops have been linked.)
- Peer and Academic Resource Center (tutoring available)
- Parents & Families Program
- Service Animals on Campus Policy and Animals on Campus Policy
- Associated Students, Inc. Scholarship/Other Scholarship Information
- New Campus Academic Regulations
- SSWD Newsletters
- May 1: Priority Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. (for students with disabilities qualifying for this accommodation)
- May 2: Summer and Fall 2013 Registration begins (by appointment. Please check your Student Center for your appointment date and time)
- May 16: Women's Resource Center End of Semester Celebration! (6:00 - 7:30 p.m., Women's Resource Center).
- May 17: Last Day of Instruction
- May 20 - 24: Final Examinations
- May 24 - 25: Commencement
- May 25-June 2: Fall 2013 registration unavailable.
- May 27: Memorial Day (Holiday) - Campus Closed
- June 3: Instruction begins for summer session 1st 6 week classes and 12 week classes.
- June 3-14: Summer 2013 late registration and schedule adjustments.
- June 10-24: Transfer student orientation and registration.
- June 21: Summer 2013 Census Date.
- July 1-29: Freshman orientation and registration.
- July 4: Independence Day (Holiday). Campus Closed.
- July 15: Instruction begins for summer session 2nd 6 week classes.
- August 3-18: Fall 2013 registration unavailable.
- August 25: Instruction ends for summer session 2nd 6 week classes and 12 week classes.
- August 27: Summer session ends.
- September 2: Labor Day (Holiday). Campus Closed.
- September 3: Fall 2013 Instruction begins.
- September 3-13: Fall 2013 late registration and schedule adjustment.
- September 16-30: Fall 2013 late registration and change of schedule done by petition at departments.
- September 30: Fall 2013 Census Date.
To view PDF or Word Documents
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems accessing the SSWD web site or need to request this information in alternate formats.