ALTERNATIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION
Provide alternative media to students who cannot access standard print due to their disability that might include low vision, no vision, mobility impairments that impacts their ability to hold texts, or specific learning disabilities.
EXAMPLES OF ALTERNATIVE MEDIA FORMATS
- ELECTRONIC TEXT (E-TEXT)
- TACTILE GRAPHICS
*Some of the alternate media formats require the use of specialized hardware/software in order to access the materials. Information is provided on the High Tech Center tab.
Eligibility for alternative media services is determined in interaction with Services to Students with disabilities (SSWD) counselors/specialists, and is based upon the professional documentation provided by the student who has a “print disability that prevents him/her from using standard instructional materials.”
VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF ALTERNATIVE MEDIA PROCESS
HIGH TECH CENTER STUDENT PROCESS TO RECEIVE ALTERNATIVE MEDIA
- After receiving eligibility, attend your High Tech Center intake appointment
- Submit a Textbook Summary following priority registration
- Contact the High Tech Center Specialist regarding textbook/instructional materials status
- Submit original receipts for textbooks (see Alternative Media Policy in SSWD Policies and Procedures)
- Receive training on how to access materials
- AIRC 2010
- Fall/Spring - Monday –Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Summer – Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.916-278-7915
- During Summer - Closed for Lunch 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
High Tech Center - Services to Students with Disabilities
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6042
Please inform SSWD at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems accessing the SSWD web site.