Office of the Vice President
The purpose of the Office of University Advancement is to enhance the University's effectiveness in off-campus relations so that public and private resources adequate to University needs and aspirations are acquired and retained. The Office of University Advancement, under the leadership of Vice President Vince A. Sales, participates fully in established campus-based processes that lead to the formation and implementation of overall policies and programs for the University.
Specifically, University Advancement seeks to:
- Inform the people of California and elsewhere of the educational opportunities at Sacramento State;
- Develop increased public awareness, understanding and support for the programs, goals and objectives of the University;
- Contribute to a sense of community among Sacramento State faculty, students and staff;
- Encourage all segments of the campus community to become involved in the broader community;
- Promote the participation of alumni and donors throughout Northern California in the activities of the University;
- Develop campuswide and academic unit fundraising programs that will result in increased voluntary contributions to the University;
- Establish broad-based and academic unit alumni programs with a primary objective of involving alumni in securing the purposes of the University;
- Facilitate the development of campuswide and academic unit publications that convey a quality image of the University;
- Utilize a program of campuswide special events and public ceremonies to advance the interests of the University.
Vince currently serves as vice president for University Advancement at California State University, Sacramento. In this capacity, he oversees fund development, advancement communications and stewardship, and alumni relations. He was appointed to the position after working as associate vice president for development. As vice president for University Advancement, he also serves an executive officer for The University Foundation at Sacramento State.
Previously, Vince worked for Stanford University as director of development – Asia/Pacific, which allowed him to work with major and principal gift donors in the region. He also has held development positions at San Francisco State University, including campaign director, director of development, major and planned gifts, and director of development, corporations and foundations.
In addition to his work in higher education, Vince has served as an executive director and consulted for non-profit organizations such as CompassPoint, Asian Pacific Islander Wellness Center, Asian Pacific Fund and Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics, Inc.
Vince’s community work includes previous service on the board of directors of Asian Resources, Inc. (Sacramento), Horizons Foundation (San Francisco) and formerly with the Asian Law Caucus. He currently serves on the board of directors of the Asian Pacific Americans in Higher Education.
He completed his designation as a Certified Specialist in Planned Giving from the American Institute for Philanthropic Studies at California State University, Long Beach. Vince earned degrees from the University of California, Berkeley (BA, Mass Communications, with high distinction) and San Francisco State University (MPA, non-profit administration emphasis).