VII. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE OF OUTREACH, ADMISSIONS, AND RECORDS
A. The goals of the Office of Outreach, Admissions, and Records include but are not limited to the following:
- To provide the mechanisms, such as registration holds, for enforcing required advising as defined by department/area advising policies.
- To collaborate and consult with faculty and staff advisors in developing systems for accessing student records that ensure timely and effective advising.
- To assist faculty and staff advisers with the processes for accessing student records.
- To generate reports needed to support department/area and college advising efforts.
- To complete General Education evaluations before the end of transfer students’ first semester.
- To complete graduation evaluations before students’ registration for their final semester.
B. To ensure that each student’s undergraduate degree requirements have been met, Degree Evaluators and Admissions’ Counselors shall consult with students and, if necessary, with their academic major adviser.
C. The Office of Outreach, Admissions, and Records shall periodically assess the effectiveness of its advising services, as it relates to the goals specified above, and make improvements as necessary.