- Apply for Benefits
- Register for Classes
- Submitting Documents to the Veterans Success Center
- Monthly Enrollment Verification
Apply online at CSU Mentor.
- Fall 2013
- Closed for Admissions
- Spring 2014
- August 1, 2013 through August 30, 2013
- Please contact Veteran Admissions Counselor email@example.com for more information
- Admission Criteria
- If admitted to the University you will have to provide official transcripts for all institutions.
- Transfer credit is not determined until after a student has attended orientation and registered for classes.
- A Veteran with a DD214 will receive minimum 4 units and GE Area E.
- The University follows ACE guidelines for military credit on AARTS/SMARTS transcripts.
- Majority of transfer credit will be elective units.
- The University will accept credit from CCAF and DLI.
- The University will accept CLEP tests. Please see memo for approved tests.
- We do not accept DANTES.
- The evaluation of military credit will only take place upon request by the student once enrolled.
- If you are applying to a commissioning program like Green to Gold, SOAR or AECP, you can contact our Veteran Admissions Counselor in order to review eligibility to the University.
- If eligible, our counselor can issue an early admissions letter for your special program packet.
- Here at CSUS, we understand the unique nature of a veteran's commitment to the military and how it will not always coincide with deadlines and eligibility.
- In keeping with our tradition of becoming a superior veteran friendly campus, we have instituted the Veterans Appeals Committee.
- The committee can review all admissions issues including missed deadlines and eligibility.
- Sacramento State Undergraduate Admission Policy (pdf)
- Veteran Appeals Exception Form(pdf)
- The Deadline for Fall 2013 appeals is March 29.
- Effective July 1, 2009, nonresident tuition fee waivers are available to eligible new and continuing undergraduate and graduate level military students, regardless of educational purposes. The nonresident tuition fee waiver does not qualify students as a California residents; it simply waives the out-of-state tuition fee.
- Active duty military personnel and their dependents are eligible for a nonresident tuition fee waiver if the military member is stationed on active duty in California for more than 30 days. The tuition fee waiver will be effective until the student's continuous enrollment ends.
- Recently discharged CA military personnel may be eligible to receive a residency status exception for one year from the date of discharge, retirement.
- Military nonresident tuition fee waivers are not automatic. Proof of active duty status via military orders, military ID and dependent military ID are required in order to activate the waiver.
- If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact the Veterans Admissions Counselor.
Office number: (916) 278-7752
Fax number: (916) 278-5603
*All documents can be either scanned, faxed or mailed to the address below.
CSUS- Office of Admissions
Mateo Avila-Veteran Admissions Counselor
6000 J Street
Sacramento CA 95819
- Apply initially for educational benefits by completing the online application and selecting Education Benefits Form 22-1990. Please follow all necessary instructions for the application in order to avoid any delay of the processing.
- Paper applications are available at the Veterans Service Center in Lassen Hall or you can download the fillable VA Form 22-1990, although it is highly encouraged to apply online.
- You will need to bring us a copy of your discharge papers (DD-214). Veterans can obtain their DD214 at the National Archives website.
- Online application submission is currently unavailable for REAP (Chapter 1607) participants. You must download the fillable VA Form 22-1990 and mail with supporting documents to: VA Regional Office Western Region, P.O. Box 8888, Muskogee, OK 74402-8888.
- Sacramento State's Financial Aid Office Information link.
- Those eligible to receive the Dependents’ Educational Assistance may apply initially for their educational benefits by completing the online application and selecting Dependents Educational Assistance Form 22-5490. Please follow all necessary instructions for the application in order to avoid any delay of the processing.
- Paper applications are available at the Veterans Service Center in Lassen Hall or you can download the fillable VA Form 22-5490, although it is highly encouraged to apply online.
- The Veterans Service Center may offer assistance with the GI Bill application process if needed.
- Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates of Registration for the upcoming term.
- Log on to My Sac State to verify your enrollment appointment and to search and register for classes.
- It is highly encouraged that you register as your time appointed approaches as classes fill up quickly, AND to clear any holds on registration that you may have as this will delay your registration appointment.
- Priority Registration Information
*NOTE: A Veterans Enrollment Certificate must be submitted EACH semester (or session) you want benefits paid. Without the Veteran Information Card, the Veterans Service Center cannot certify your enrollment for the semester, thus discontinuing your payments. WAVE or by calling the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 1-877-823-2378. Monthly payments will be disbursed when enrollment verification has been completed. The monthly enrollment verification procedure has not been adopted for Chapter 35 recipients. Top of Page