Veterans Career Pathways Program - VCPP
Spring 2015 Workshops
Professionalism & Networking- Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 (Veterans Success Center, 4:00pm-5:00pm) & Thursday, April 9th, 2015 (Veterans Success Center, 4:00pm-5:00pm)
- Participants will learn the value of social networking through World Wide Web format and detail surrounding ideas, information, and referrals.
- Novice navigation of professional networking site LinkedIn designed to facilitate an introduction involving the benefits of groups, connections, and the advanced search options.
- Participants will have the opportunity to sign up for the US Veterans and Service Member One Year Job Seeker Subscription.
Job Search Workshop - Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 (Veterans Success Center, 4:00pm-5:00pm) & Thursday, May 7th, 2015 (Veterans Success Center, 4:00pm-5:00pm)
- Participants will learn how to discover patterns surrounding interests and values in relation to career development.
- Participants will learn the ropes of developing career related skills through time management, related experiences, and creating a professional image.
Resume Building & Military Skill Transfer - Thursday, March 26th , 2015 (Veterans Success Center, 4:00pm-5:00pm)
- Participants will learn professional techniques surrounding chronological and combination resume styles and how to determine their unique style of choice.
- An introduction to military skill transfer through internet resources will assist participants in the exploration of interests and skills surrounding career, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
For more information please visit the ‘Veteran Career Pathways Program’ page on the Veteran Success Center’s website.