Veterans Career Pathways Program - VCPP
Resume Makeover & Speed Interviews– Wednesday, October 1, 2014
- Participants meet with employers to discuss their resumes. They will gain tips and insight into the resume writing process and how to tailor their resume to specific jobs and industries.
- Participants interact with employers to practice interviewing skills. Professionals in the field provide scenarios and feedback to improve the applicant’s ability to successfully interview for jobs in several industries.
Skills for Professional Success - Monday, October 13th and Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
- Participants will learn "soft skills" important to the workplace such as: communication, enthusiasm and attitude, teamwork, networking, problem solving and critical thinking, and professionalism.
Career Networking Mixer - Friday, November 14th, 2014
- Participants will have the opportunity to network with employers, gaining knowledge of how to effectively communicate with professionals, learn about specific job fields, and develop new ways to navigate the world of work.
Etiquette Dinner - Friday, December, 12th, 2014
- Participants will experience an evening of “fine dining” and etiquette instruction with representatives from different employers in the Sacramento area. Throughout the three course meal, students learn how to effectively socialize, utilize proper dinner manners, and practice professional scenarios in the restaurant setting.