Veterans Career Pathways Program - VCPP
The Veterans Career Pathways Program (VCPP) was established to assist student veterans and dependents with the resources needed to obtain gainful employment. The VCCP assists in developing leadership and job savvy skills in preparation for the transition to the civilian workforce both during college and following graduation.
The VCPP offers opportunities to participants including the following:
- Mentorship opportunities with individuals from Sacramento area professional and academic communities
- Interview and resume writing skills development
- Financial planning assistance
- Personal, academic, and professional goal setting techniques and support
- Networking opportunities with local and regional employers
- Career research and networking techniques through job shadowing, informational interviewing, and job search strategies
- Individualized and small group career counseling services
- Workshops covering topics such as: Applying to Graduate School, Networking Techniques, Gaining Employment for State/Local/Federal/City Agencies, Academic Success, and much more
The program begins at ‘Level One’ and continues to ‘Level Two’ throughout the Fall 2014 semester. Selected participants may have the opportunity to advance to ‘Level Three’ in the Spring 2015 semester.
Level One: Establishing Mentorships & Professional Networking - Participants will be matched with a mentor and engage in workshops focusing on career counseling, interview techniques, resume development, and professional simulations.
Level Two: “A Day in the Life”: Job Shadowing and Informational Interviewing - Participants will contact and shadow professionals who hold a position to which he/she aspires. This experience will provide mentorship, networking, and personal and professional development opportunities.
Level Three: On the Job Skills Training & Financial Planning - Focuses on job skills training and financial planning opportunities and will include a month-long, professional placement relevant to the participant’s career goals. This hands-on training will help participants find employment in line with their academic interests.
Who Is Eligible?
Currently enrolled Sacramento State student veterans and dependents are invited to apply (space is limited so apply early).
How to Apply
To access the application CLICK HERE. You will need to download the application in order to fill it out. Once you have filled out the application, save it to your computer and email it to a VCPP Coordinator.