Veterans Educational Benefits

Benefit payments are made directly to the students.  The VA pays for attendance from the beginning date to the end date of the course and is combined with other courses if the attendance period is the same.  The rate of pay depends on the number of units in which you are enrolled.

In a standard 16-week semester, undergraduate enrollment time is established as follows:

  • 12 units is full-time
  • 9-11 units is ¾-time
  • 6-8 units is ½-time
  • 4-5 units is less than ½-time
  • 1-3 units is ¼-time

Graduate enrollment are established as follows:

  • 8 Units or more is full-time
  • 6-7 Units is ¾-time
  • 4-5 Units is less than ½-time

*NOTE: Graduate courses are numbered 200-500.

For Current Payment Rates, please Click Here.

The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

For Complete information click here.

Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard, to include National Guard and Reserves. This benefit may pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members.  Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the college or institution by the individual services.  For additional information, contact your Base/Post Education Center or follow the links below for your particular service/component:

The Veterans Service Center does not process TA. Once you have completed the appropriate TA paperwork, please contact the Bursar's Office in Lassen Hall 1003 at (916) 278-6736 for questions or additional details regarding reimbursement procedures.

Additionally active duty members may elect to use the MGIB "Top-Up" in addition to their service-provided TA to cover high-cost courses.  You may contact the Veterans Service Center on how to begin this procedure, or you may fill out an online application.

Ordering Military Service Records - DD214

Order DD214