SacCT: NAVIGATION ERROR in INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8
Presented by ATCS (Academic Technology & Creative Services)
Users of Internet Explorer 8 may be receiving the navigation error message shown below when trying to view SacCT course content.
If you are unable to view SacCT course content due to a navigation error message (shown above), there are two different options to help you regain the ability to view content when using Internet Explorer version 8.
The easiest way is listed below on this page.
For more experienced users, please follow the Option 2 tutorial.
The easiest way resets a few settings which may be preventing you from viewing or downloading SacCT content.
- Log out of SacCT by clicking Log Out in the upper right corner.
- Click the Safety menu in Internet Explorer 8, then click Delete Browsing History option.
- A new window appears called “Delete Browsing History” which has 7 check-boxes. Only the 1st check box should be empty (Preserve Favorite website data), but make sure to have checks for the remaining 6 check-boxes (Temporary Internet files, Cookies, History, Form data, Passwords, InPrivate Filtering data).
- Click the Delete button, which resets the items which were checked.
- Visit https://online.csus.edu and login to SacCT again. Then select a course which was giving you the navigation error message.
- Click a link in the SacCT course which was giving you the navigation error message.
- Click the No button when a new window appears called “Security Warning.” It is very important that you click the No button for the “Security Warning”.
Caution: Do not click the Yes button for the “Security Warning.” Clicking Yes will prevent you from viewing SacCT course content again. If you accidentally clicked Yes, please go back to Step 1 of these instructions and go through all of the steps again.
Your content is now displayed properly within Internet Explorer version 8.
Last updated: May 4, 2012
Handouts and Tutorials
System Status and Issues
Server Maintenance - Tuesday Morning (12:01am to 6:30am)
We perform routine maintenance and updates on the server every Tuesday. All users should schedule and plan assessments, assignments, and other coursework accordingly.
Server Status & Issues
To review planned downtimes, previous downtimes or current issues, visit:
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.