SacCT: NAVIGATION ERROR in INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8 - OPTION 2
Presented by ATCS (Academic Technology & Creative Services)
Users of Internet Explorer 8 may be receiving the navigation error message shown below when trying to view SacCT course content.
If you are unable to view SacCT course content due to a navigation error message (shown above), there are two different options to help you regain the ability to view content when using Internet Explorer version 8.
The easier way.
For more experienced users, please follow the tutorial below.
This option is for more experienced users, but practically eliminates the Navigation Error from occuring again when using SacCT on the computer which has these settings enabled. This tutorial covers how to customize security settings Internet Explorer 8.
- Log out of SacCT, by clicking Log Out in the upper right corner.
- Click the Safety menu in Internet Exporer 8, then click Delete Browsing History option.
- A new window appears called “Delete Browsing History” which has 7 check-boxes. Only the 1st check box should be empty (Preserve Favorite website data), but make sure to have checks for the remaining 6 check-boxes (Temporary Internet files, Cookies, History, Form data, Passwords, InPrivate Filtering data)
- Click the Delete button, which resets the items which were checked.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- A new window opens called "Internet Options." Click the Security tab.
- In the Security tab, click the button Custom level... near the bottom.
- A new window opens called "Security Settings - Internet Zone". Scroll down to the Miscellaneous category. This changes the way the browser displays secure content (like SacCT, wher eyou login) and non-secure content (like content on Web sites with no login, such as a faculty or a video site).
- Scroll down some more in the Miscellaneous category, and look for the setting Display mixed content. Select Enable. Then click OK. This allows you to view secure content (SaCT) and non-secure content (faculty page, video) combined as "mixed content" on a single website.
- A new "Warning!" window appears. Click the Yes button.
- This returns you back to the Internet Options "Security" tab. Click OK.
- Refresh the webpage by clicking the Refresh button at the top of the Internet Explorer 8 browser, near the address bar.
- Login to SacCT. Then select a course which was giving you the navigation error message.
Your content is now displayed properly within Internet Explorer version 8.
Last updated: May 4, 2012
Handouts and Tutorials
System Status and Issues
Server Maintenance - Tuesday Morning (12:01am to 6:30am)
We perform routine maintenance and updates on the server every Tuesday. All users should schedule and plan assessments, assignments, and other coursework accordingly.
Server Status & Issues
To review planned downtimes, previous downtimes or current issues, visit:
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.