Frequently Asked Questions

OneCard is:

  • Your personal student identification card at the California State University, Sacramento campus.
  • Allows access to all the services offered by the campus library.
  • Allows access on all RT, Light Rail and e-tran with your Sac State OneCard placed in the current semesters commuter sleeve. This is the only way RT will accept it.
  • Allows you to print in all the computer labs on campus that use PrintSmart.
  • It is not transferable under any condition and may not be used by anyone else.

Can I lend my OneCard to my friend to use?

If OneCard is lent to another individual other than the cardholder, the individual whose identity is represented on the card assumes all financial and/or criminal liability for the card's misuse. You should report all misuse of OneCard to OneCard Services at 916-278-7878.

Does OneCard cost anything?

Yes. The one-time fee for your initial card it is $15.00. The replacement fee for lost or stolen cards is $15.00.

Do I need to get a new OneCard each semester?

No. You have already paid the one-time fee for your card. Your OneCard will be valid as long as you are enrolled as a student at Sac State. The only thing you might want to update is your Regional Transit Commuter Sleeve. Each sleeve is valid for a 6 month period.

What do I do if my OneCard is stolen or lost?

If your card is lost or stolen you can deactivate it at any time through your MySacState account.
   1) Login to your My Sac State account
   2) Click on "Student Services" on the left toolbar
   3) Click on "OneCard Services" in the Personal Information Box
   4) Click on "Lost or Stolen OneCard" on the left toolbar
   5) Click on the "Deactivate" or "Activate" box

If you do not have access to a computer, please contact OneCard Services at (916) 278-7878 or email onecard@csus.edu and provide your name, Student I.D. number and a brief message explaining the situation.

To notify Wells Fargo: If your OneCard is linked to a Wells Fargo checking account, you must notify BOTH Sac State OneCard Services and Wells Fargo. Visit your nearest Wells Fargo Banking Location or contact the Wells Fargo Phone Bank at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).

I hate my picture. Can I have another one made?

Retakes, once the card is printed, are not allowed unless the picture is unusable due to closed eyes or other similar problems. If you really must have another ID picture made, the cost is $15.00.

What should I do if my OneCard does not work?

If for any reason your OneCard does not work, bring it to OneCard Services in the Bursar's Office in Lassen Hall, Room 1001 so that we can evaluate the problem and fix it.

What are your office hours?

Isn't there supposed to be money in my account at the beginning of every semester?

All regularly enrolled students who have paid their fees receive an allotment of free prints that can be used at all University PrintSmart labs. (CCE and ELI Students not applicable). The frequency and number of prints are determined by the IRT department. These prints are loaded into your PrintSmart account on your OneCard. Your PrintSmart balance is only viewable at the printer/photocopier and will not be visible at the Hornet Bucks Machines or on your OneCard Online Portal. Once your free prints have been used you will need to deposit money to your Hornet Bucks account to continue to print and photocopy in the labs. If you have any questions regarding your free prints, please contact PrintSmart Services at 916-278-7941 or printsmart@csus.edu.

How do I get a refund?

A refund of OneCard funds can only be processed if the you have more than $5 on your OneCard and you are no longer part of the university (graduated, withdrew). If you meet these requirements, please complete Refund Application and turn it in to the address on the form. Our office will then verify the above requirements and forward it on to the appropriate department for final approval. You should receive a check for the full refund amount within 2-4 weeks.

What happens to my old card after my replacement is issued?

Your old card is deactivated and cannot be used.

What happens if my OneCard is damaged?

The OneCard should be treated with care. Stickers, holes, creases, worn magnetic stripes etc. will most likley render the card inoperable. The Card should not be left in direct sunlight or on a radiator, and should be kept away from magnetic fields and other bankcards, which contain magnetic stripes. These simple precautions will protect the card and its value. OneCard Services will replace at no cost any cards that are worn out from normal use.

I am a new student. When can I get my OneCard?

You will have the opportunity to purchase your card on your new student orientation date or anytime after you have registered for classes. It is recommended that you get your card before school starts because the lines are generally longer during the first two weeks of school.

What will the OneCard allow me to do?

The OneCard is your student ID, your library card, it allows you to ride RT, Light rail and e-tran with the OneCard placed in the current semesters commuter sleeve. You will need the OneCard to print in all campus computer labs and when you deposit money into your Hornet Bucks account you can use your card just like cash all over campus; most of the campus eateries, the Hornet Bookstore, and Bursar's Office, just to name a few.

How much/little can I deposit into my OneCard Hornet Bucks Account?

There is no minimum nor maximum deposit. The possibilities are endless.....

I heard I can use my OneCard to ride Sac RT and LightRail, what do I need to do that?

In order to ride Sacramento Regional Transit and LightRail you need to keep your card in a valid Student Commuter Sleeve. Both a OneCard and Student Commuter Sleeve are needed to access the RT and Lightrail free of charge. To access Sacramento Regional Transit just show the bus driver your OneCard in the Student Commuter Sleeve as you board the bus. When riding LightRail, just get on the train and if someone comes through and asks to see your ticket, show them your OneCard in the Student Commuter Sleeve.

Where can I pick up a valid Student Commuter Sleeve?

In addition to our office, Student Commuter Sleeves are available throughout the semester at the following locations:

  • Associated Students Business Office (University Union, Third Floor)
  • Bursar's Office (Lassen Hall 1001)
  • University Transportation and Parking (Folsom Hall - 7667 Folsom Blvd)
   Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.